High Bandwidth Digital Content Protection or HDCP system prevents unauthorized copying of any digital video content.
It thoroughly checks all the devices and the components, including the monitor, that allows you to view the content.
Sometimes you may get an HDCP issue while watching Disney Plus that prevents you from watching the video.
This particular issue suggests that your streaming device is unable to play the content.
Here we have discussed why this issue can happen and how to fix it.
Also, read this article if your Disney plus is not loading.
Why Do You Get HDCP Issue On Disney Plus?
You mainly encounter this issue if there is a problem with the HDMI cable or the port.
Sometimes there are issues with the streaming device, your internet connection, or the Disney Plus app itself.
How To Fix Disney Plus HDCP Issue?
To fix the HDCP issue, follow the methods given below.
1) Restart The Streaming Device
Restart your streaming device when you are getting an HDCP issue while watching Disney Plus.
This will refresh the connections and help in resolving the streaming issues.
- To do so, exit Disney+ and turn off the streaming device.
- Disconnect the device from the power source. Make sure to turn off the router or the modem also.
- Wait for a few seconds before connecting back to everything. Turn on the router or the modem.
- Relaunch Disney+ and check if the issue is resolved. If the issue persists check the HDMI cable you are using.
2) Check the HDMI Cable
If after restarting the streaming device, you are still getting the same problem, ensure that the HDMI cable is not physically damaged.
If there is any sign of damage on the HDMI cable, replace it.
If there is no sign of damage, disconnect and reconnect it. To do so follow the steps given below:
- Make sure that your streaming device is turned on. Disconnect the power cords from the source and disconnect the HDMI cables.
- Wait for a few minutes and then reconnect the power cords first. Then turn on the TV, reconnect the HDMI cables and check if the problem is solved.
If you are getting the error code 91, then read this article.
3) Use A HDCP Compliant HDMI Cable
Generally, the older HDMI cables lack HDCP support and the latest ones are HDCP compliant cables.
So, try using an HDCP compliant HDMI cable if you have been using an old HDMI cable till now. Getting a new cable can also do the trick.
4) Try A Different Port
You can also check the HDMI cable using a different port when you are getting an HDCP error.
Sometimes the HDMI port may be defective or not working.
So, plug the cable into a different port and then check if it works.
5) Try Another Streaming Device
If you have another streaming device, then use that device and log into Disney Plus using your credentials.
In case you are watching Disney Plus on a web browser, try a different browser.
If after changing the browser and the device, Disney Plus still shows the HDCP error, go to the next step.
6) Update The Streaming Device
Ensure that you have installed the latest software updates for whatever streaming device you are using like Android or iOS smartphones, Roku TV, Apple TV, Samsung TV, etc.
Go to the settings menu on your Streaming device and check for any available updates.
If any update is available, install it. This should solve the problem.
Also, if your Disney plus begin is not working, then read this article.
7) Update The Disney Plus App
After updating the streaming device, also update the Disney Plus app.
The developers release frequent updates with bug fixes and additional features. So, make sure to install the latest available updates.
To update the Disney Plus app, follow the steps given below:
- Visit Google Play Store from the streaming device and search for the Disney Plus+ app.
- You will find an Update button if there is any update available.
- Click on Update, and wait till the process is finished.
Hope the HDCP issue got resolved after performing the above steps.
For any further issues, ask us in the comments section below.