An IP address is the unique address or numerical identifier assigned for each device on a network.
You need to know the Printer’s IP address to resolve technical issues with your HP printer and connect it to a Wi-Fi network.
Now, to find the IP address of your HP printer, read through the article and perform the steps explained here.
Also, know what to do when the HP printer is offline and not printing.
Where Is The IP Address On A Printer HP?
To find the IP address on the HP printer, first, ensure your HP printer is connected to the local network through an Ethernet cable or Wi-Fi.
Follow the methods below to find your HP printer’s IP address.
1) HP Printers With Touchscreen Display
To find the IP address on an HP printer with a touchscreen or menu, open the Network Settings or Wireless Summary.
Here, you will find the IP address of your HP Printer.
2) HP Printers Without Touchscreen Display or Menu
To see the IP address on an HP printer without a touchscreen display, follow these steps:
- Go to the HP Printer’s Control Panel.
- Press the combination button to print a Network Configuration or Wireless Network Top Results page.
- For most printers, press the Wireless and the Information buttons simultaneously.
- For some printers, you need to press the Wireless and Start Copy Black buttons together.
- For the HP DeskJet 6000, 6400, Tango, and Envy 6000, press and hold the Information button until all the Control Panel buttons light up. Then press the Information and Resume buttons together.
Your Printer will print the details now. You can easily find the Printer’s IP address from the printout.
How To Find IP Addresses of HP Printers From Your PC?
To find the IP address of your Printer from your Windows or Mac, follow the methods explained below.
1) Find IP Address From The HP Smart App
You can find out the IP address through the HP Smart app. Here is how to find it:
- Open the HP Smart App. If you do not have the app, install it from Microsoft Store or App Store and sign up with your HP printer details.
- Then, you will find your HP Printer by opening the app. Click on your Printer.
- Go to the Printer Settings tile and find the IP address here.
2) Using Command Prompt
You can also find your HP Printer’s IP address using Command Prompt. Here are the steps to do that:
- Type CMD in the Start Menu & select the run as administrator option for Command Prompt.
- In the elevated Command Prompt window, enter this command and press Enter:
- Now, the entire list of network devices connected to your PC.
- Look for the HP printer’s details, and there you will find the IP address of your HP printer.
Alternatively, you can enter arp –a in the elevated CMD window and press Enter.
- Now you will find the entire list of IPs connected to your system.
- Look for the dynamic IP address. Copy and paste each address on your web browser.
- The IP that opens your Printer’s setup page is the HP Printer’s IP address.
- You can also ping the CMD window’s printer name by typing <printer name> and hitting Enter. This will show you the Printer’s IP address.
3) From Control Panel
Here is how to view your HP printer’s IP address from Windows Control Panel:
- Type Control Panel in the Search box & click on the top result.
- Click on Devices and Printers.
- Select Printers and scanners.
- Click on your HP printer from the list of printers.
- Go to printer properties.
- Go to the General tab and check the location box for the IP address.
- Alternatively, go to the Ports tab.
You will find the Printer’s IP address.
- Similarly, on MacOS, open System Preferences.
- Select Printers and Scanners.
- Click on your HP Printer to find the printer’s IP address under Location.
4) On A Router
If you have access rights to your router, then you can easily find your HP Printer’s IP address by following these steps:
- Open your web browser. Then type 192.168.1.1 in the address bar, and press Enter.
- Type the router’s username and password.
- Now open the DHCP Client or the Client list.
- Select your HP Printer to view the IP address.
How To Find HP Printer’s IP Address on Android and iOS?
- Open the HP Smart app from your Smartphone.
- Tap on your Printer.
- Go to Printer Settings.
- Select Tools.
- Click on Printer Reports.
- Go to the Network Configuration page. Now the Printer will print all the detailed information along with the IP address.
Frequently Asked Questions [FAQs]
- How do I change the IP address manually?
To change the IP address manually, open settings > Network and Internet.
Then select the properties under your local area connection. Click on Edit under the IP assignment. Select manual and toggle on IPv4. Type the new IP address and save it.
- Why is my HP printer not connecting?
If you cannot connect your HP printer, check your internet connection. To fix this, you can restart your modem or router to fix the issue.
- What is an error IP address?
This error means that the router controlling your Wi-Fi network cannot access the IP address from your device.
Send us feedback on how this article helped you to find your HP Printer’s IP address.
For any further queries, inform us in the reply section below, and we shall revert you soon with answers.