If you are on a vacation or educational pursuit to Japan and do not understand Japanese, then here are some best Japanese to English dictionary apps for you.
These apps will help you to establish basic communication in Japanese.
You can quickly look into the dictionary for a word’s meaning and use them instantly whenever and wherever needed.
There is no need to learn the entire language if you keep these smart apps handy.
Now, let us quickly go through the details of the Japanese to English Dictionary apps.
You can also read this article and learn about the best apps for translating Japanese pictures to English.
Which Are The Best Japanese To English Dictionary Apps?
Here are the 5 best Japanese to English dictionary apps. Look into the details and know-how to use them.
1) Akebi Japanese Dictionary
Akebi is one of the best Japanese to English dictionary apps with many advanced features.
It has added pitch accents, improved export/import dialog, advanced backup functionality for the Android 11 users, and so on.
If you just input one or two characters of a word, the app will automatically suggest to you the entire word from the dictionary.
It also provides a handwriting recognition feature with 200k+ words, 320K+ examples, and a 6K+ Kanji database.
So, just keep this app handy while traveling in Japan.
How To Use Akebi?
Akebi is an advanced app but made easy to use. Follow the guidelines given below to use Akebi:
- Download Akebi from the Play Store.
- Simply open the app and input a Japanese word you want to search for in the search field and tap on the search icon.
- Akebi will instantly translate the word and show you the definition from the dictionary.
Takoboto is amazing Japanese to English dictionary and it is completely free to use.
This app claims to provide you with data safety by not providing data to any third party.
It supports translations offline and it provides definitions of the word to be translated with suggestions and example sentences.
One of the fascinating features is that this app is completely free with no ads!
If you are thinking about visiting Japan, then always keep these apps with you.
How To Use Takoboto?
- Download Takoboto and open it.
- Enter the word or text you want to translate or want suggestions from the dictionary.
- The app will instantly show you the meaning of the word from the dictionary with further suggestions.
3) English Japanese Dictionary
English Japanese Dictionary is a free and basic app to translate words and texts from Japanese to English and vice-versa.
It also provides antonyms, and synonyms with proper pronunciation.
One of its fascinating features is it works offline and you can bookmark the translations for quick reference.
But as this is a basic app, all the words are not available here and there can be occasional bugs.
As a whole, it is a good Japanese to English Dictionary that you can keep handy on your trip to Japan.
How To Use English Japanese Dictionary?
The app is user-intuitive, so pretty easy to use.
- All you need to do is download the app from the App Store or Play Store.
- Paste a Japanese or English word in the search box and just tap on the search icon.
- It will provide instant search results.
Jsho is a great Japanese to English dictionary that can translate most of the Japanese words into English.
It supports searches with Kanji, Kana, and Romaji alphabets.
This app is completely free to use and shows a wide variety of vocabulary words.
It provides accurate results that you can trust. However, the app lacks advanced features and has ads.
How To Use Jsho?
It is pretty easy to, just follow the basic steps given below.
- Get Jsho from the App Store or Google Play Store
- Input a Japanese word in the Search section and tap on the search icon.
- Jsho will instantly translate the word for you and suggest some similar words.
Yomiwa is a Japanese dictionary and OCR that includes various advanced features. It is a modern app that works offline as well.
Some definitions are available in English, German, French, and Russian.
You can input any kind of alphabet, word, or sentence here from Kanjis, Hiraganas, Romaji, or Katakana.
Yomiwa will translate the word for you and display definitions from the dictionary.
How To Use Yomiwa?
- Get the app downloaded from the App Store or Play Store.
- Input a word and search it in the dictionary. Yomiwa will instantly find the word from the dictionary and display the definition.
If you are looking for a Japanese voice translator, then go here and learn about them.
Frequently Asked Questions [FAQs]
Here are the answers to some relevant questions related to this topic.
- Which is the best app for dictionary?
Akebi Japanese Dictionary, Yomiwa, and English Japanese Dictionary are some of the best apps for dictionaries.
- What is the best free offline dictionary?
U-Dictionary, Akebi, Takoboto are some of the best offline dictionaries available out there.
- Is the Oxford Dictionary app free?
Yes, Oxford Dictionary of English FREE is a free app for Android users.
There you have it! Hope the Japanese to English Dictionary apps mentioned in the above article proved helpful to you.
Send us feedback or ask any questions in the comments box.