Telegram is one of the popular messaging apps offering various privacy features.
Much like the other messaging apps, Telegram also allows you to hide the last time you were online from the other users.
If you are confused about Telegram’s ‘last seen recently’ status, read this article to know everything about it.
Also know: How to upload your own stickers on Telegram
Last Seen Recently on Telegram Meaning
The last seen status on Telegram indicates the time when the user was last seen online on the Telegram app.
This approximate time period can vary from one minute to about three days.
This is a default setting for last-seen visibility, and you can change it c in the Telegram settings.
If you have the “last seen recently” status enabled, the other Telegram users will be able to see that you were active on the app within the past two to three days.
However, they cannot see the exact time or date that you were last online.
‘Last seen recently’ on Telegram is among several other status indicators like:
- Last seen recently: The time can vary from 1 second to 2 or 3 consecutive days.
- Last Seen Within a Week: The time period can vary between 2 to 7 Days.
- Last Seen Within a Month: This indicates the time from 7 Days to 1 Month.
- Last Seen a long time ago: This can be over one month.
You can see the Last Seen a long time ago status if the user has blocked you.
How Can You View the Last Seen Status on Telegram?
If you want to see the Last Seen Status of any Telegram user, here is how you can do it:
- Go to the Telegram chat window.
- See at the top of the chat panel. There, you can see the last status of the person.
You will see nothing if the user has hidden their last seen status. Telegram provides several mods for Android users that let you check the users’ last seen status even if they have hidden it.
But using the mods can put your security and privacy at stake, leading to an account ban.
So, avoiding using the modded Android apps for Telegram is recommended.
How Can You Hide the Last Seen Status on Telegram?
You might want to change the “last seen recently” status for a few reasons.
For example, you might want to hide your last seen status if you are trying to be more productive and avoid distractions.
Or, you can hide your last seen status if you are concerned about your privacy.
So, if you don’t want people to see your last seen status on Telegram, you can easily hide it. Here is how you can do so:
- Open the Telegram app, and from the top left side, tap on the three horizontal lines or menu.
- Select Settings from the list of options.
- Scroll down to Privacy and Security.
- Tap the Last Seen & Online option in the Privacy and Security settings, as shown in the picture below.
- Select Nobody under the Who can see your Last Seen Time option.
- Now, if you want to hide the last seen status from a specific user, tap on the Add Users button next to the Never Share with option.
- Select the specific contact from the list, and you are done. If you hide your last seen timestamp from the other users, you will also be unable to see their last seen status.
Few Tips for Managing Your Privacy on Telegram
In addition to changing the “last seen recently” status, you can do a few other things to manage your privacy on Telegram:
- Enable the two-way authentication to protect your Telegram account.
- Set a robust and unique password for the account.
- Avoid sharing your contact details with unknown people.
- Be careful while sharing any information in your Telegram chats.
Frequently Asked Questions [FAQs]
Here are some questions asked commonly by the Telegram users:
- Does not seeing the last-seen status mean Telegram has blocked me?
The blocked users on Telegram usually get the Last seen long ago status.
Telegram has recently implemented a self-destructive feature that automatically deletes inactive Telegram accounts after six months.
- Can the bots see my last-seen status on Telegram?
The bots can see your username, name, profile picture, & the messages you send to them.
They can’t view your last seen status on Telegram and your phone number unless and until you share those with them.
- Who can see me online on Telegram?
If you share the last sen status with the users, then only people can see when you are online on Telegram.
But if you do the following, then people will see you online for approximately 30 seconds:
- Read or send a direct message in a group chat or direct chat.
- If you are trying to them, they will see a Typing status in direct or group chat.
Tell us if the above article could clarify all your doubts regarding the last seen recently on Telegram status.
If you have any further queries, please turn up in the reply section, and we shall revert ASAP with all possible answers.