Many gamers use Twitch to watch their favorite games, and the chat option allows users to interact with others. But when users encounter the Twitch chat not showing up or see that the chat won’t load, it is really annoying for them.
Although Twitch chat not loading is not a big problem, it occurs often and puts an impact on your viewing experience. It might happen due to a third-party extension, weak network connectivity, wrongly configured proxy settings and many more reasons. The solutions provided below will help you to know more about the reasons behind such an issue and how to resolve them easily.
Why The Twitch Chat Is Not Showing?
Before you start with the solutions, you need to know the probable causes behind the error. Here are some reasons listed below. Read them carefully to know something you don’t.
- Third-party Extensions: This problem sometimes appears due to installing third-party extensions on your browser. Some extensions like ad blockers stop certain scripts from executing which they detect as ads and prevent some websites from working properly.
- Corrupted browser cache: When your browser cache gets corrupted, the Twitch chat might not appear. When you browse sites, the browser you are using stores some data as cache files. Corruption in the stored data usually occurs in different issues such as not showing chat on Twitch.
- Incorrect proxy settings: Configuring a proxy improperly often causes various issues. In Twitch, when you use proxy settings, they apply various constraints and the remote host can’t be resolved, such an issue appears.
- Unexecuted page script: When the scripts that are needed to retrieve the IRC session do not run properly or get stopped, this type of issue appears. It is the most common issue that makes the Twitch chat not working.
After knowing the potential causes, it is time to get it solved. Continue to the solutions provided below that will help you to fix the issue.
What To Do When Twitch Chat Is Not Loading?
Some effective solutions are here to help you. You should apply them one by one on your computer to know which one works better for you.
Solution 1: Restart Your Internet Connection
Sometimes, you may notice Twitch chat not working due to issues with your internet connectivity. You need to restart your internet connection in order to check whether it works for you. If you are using a wireless connection like a router, you may try to restart your router by turning off the power switch and turn back on after few seconds.
After the router restarts, check if the problem is fixed. If the chat is still not showing messages, continue to the next solution below.
Solution 2: Reload The Page
In some cases, users got a positive result after hard reloading the page. You may also try to refresh the page to run the requisite scripts properly. When the scripts get stuck and cannot execute accurately, such an issue appears.
To refresh the page, right-click on the tab and select the Reload option. Alternatively, you can press the Ctrl + F5 from the keyboard to reload the page.
Solution 3: Clear Browser Cache
You already know the browser cache might occur the issue with Twitch. When the twitch chat is not showing, you need to clear the stored cache. If you are using the Google Chrome browser, follow the below steps to clear the cache files:
- Click on the menu icon at the top right corner and select the settings option.
- Now scroll down to the bottom of the page where you can see the Advanced option. Click on that option.
- Now locate the Clear browsing data option under the Privacy and Security section.
- Enable all the options except the Password and Autofill form data option under the Advanced tab and set the Time range to All time.
- Finally, press the Clear data button to remove all cookies and cache files.
Now check if clearing the browser cache has removed your problem with Twitch chat.
Solution 4: Switch To Incognito Mode
If the Twitch chat not working still happens, try using the incognito mode on your browser. According to user reports, the chat issue with Twitch gets resolved by opening it using incognito mode. Switching to incognito mode enables you to browse without extensions or cache. So, it looks perfect to open Twitch in order to remove issues.
- If you are using the Google Chrome browser, to open the incognito mode, click on the menu icon at the top right corner of your browser.
- You can see the New incognito window option. Click on it.
- A new window will open in incognito mode.
Alternatively, you can open the incognito window by pressing Shift + Ctrl + N on Google Chrome and Shift + Ctrl + P on the Firefox browser.
If the issue gets resolved after using the incognito mode, that means one of your browser extensions are causing issues. You should disable installed extensions one by one to detect the culprit.
Solution 5: Disable Browser Extensions
You may disable all your browser extensions to check if the problem was caused due to the installed extensions. Follow the instructions below to disable those installed extensions:
- Click on the Menu icon of the Google Chrome browser and select the More Tools option.
- You can see the Extension option here. Choose the option.
- A list of installed extensions will appear in another window. Click on the toggle button right next to each extension’s name to turn it off.
- After you disable all extensions, restart the Chrome browser and check if the problem still appears.
In case the issue still continues, try the next solutions below.
Solution 6: Check The Proxy Settings
Configuring proxy settings can cause different issues. Your connection blocks connectivity on various ports which results in Twitch chat not showing messages. Although using proxy protects your online privacy, but it is recommended to disable the proxy to check if it resolves your issue. You can disable the proxy in the browser’s network settings. Follow these steps below to disable the proxy:
- Press the Win + I key from the keyboard. It will open the Windows Settings window.
- Navigate to the Network and Internet option.
- Select the Proxy option from the left panel.
- Turn off all the enabled proxy settings from the right panel.
After disabling all the proxy options, check if the problem still persists. The Twitch chat not showing should be resolved after applying these changes properly.
Solution 7: Change Or Flush Your DNS Address
Sometimes the Twitch may not work when there is a problem with your DNS address. If you are still having issues with Twitch chat, you may try changing or flushing the DNS to check if it works. Changing the DNS is quite simple.
You should click on How to Change the DNS and flush the DNS cache to know the procedure of how you will be able to perform the action.
If changing DNS doesn’t improve the situation, there is another option for you to avoid issues with Twitch chat.
Solution 8: Try A Different Browser
The browser you are using might be the reason behind the Twitch chat not showing messages. Try another browser to ensure if the problem gets resolved. There are various browsers available. You can use any of them you prefer.
According to users, the problem resolves after changing the browser. You don’t need to switch your browser permanently. But whenever you open Twitch, try to open it on another browser. It looks like a better option for you.
Now you know why the Twitch chat not showing on your browser and what should you do when you face such an issue. Which of the above-discussed solutions worked for you? Let us know by commenting below. If you still have queries regarding Twitch chat or still the Twitch chat not working, feel free to tell us here.