Steam provides you a proof of purchase for every transaction you make. You receive a mail from Steam along with the details of the Steam purchase history.
You can use this transaction history to claim your purchase or ask for a refund in case anything goes wrong.
But how to see when you bought a game on Steam? Here, in this article, I am going to show you the details of the transaction history on Steam.
How To Check Steam Purchase History?
Now follow the given steps to see the purchase history on Steam:
It is recommended to use the Steam Client instead of using the website.
- Now log in to your Steam Account.
- Click on your profile from the top right corner of the Home Page. Click on Account Details from the options.
- The Accounts details page will be displayed now. From Store & Purchase History select View Purchase History option.
- You will now get the details of the Steam transaction history. To see the details of each purchase, scroll down.
What To Find In The Steam Transaction History?
After opening Purchase History on Steam, you can browse each transaction and find out at what date, from where how you purchased on Steam, and also how much you earned from Steam.
You can track all the payments made and money earned on Steam with the help of this purchase history.
Here I am showing you some details:
- From the Date section, you will be able to trace the exact date of your purchase from Steam.
- Right beside the date column, you will find the list of Items you purchased from Steam.
- The Type category gives you the details on how you spent your money or earned money on Steam.
It will show you the total amount of money you lost or added to your Steam wallet.
Why Do You Need To See The Purchase History Steam?
Besides overviewing all your transactions made through Steam, the purchase history on Steam is proof of your purchase.
Sometimes the purchased items can be missing from the library. In these cases, you can claim your purchase or ask for a refund with the help of the purchase history.
- All you need to do is open the View Purchase History from Account Details.
- Click on the particular transaction and then on the specific game.
- Now you will get the transaction details. Take a screenshot of your purchase details.
- Select “I would like to view or print the receipt for this purchase”.
Now Steam will display the receipt of your purchase along with the name of the account, transaction date, and method of payment.
So, that was all about Steam purchase history. For any game or tech-related issue, ask us in the comments section below and we will revert you as soon as possible.