In-game communication through text chat and voice chat is no doubt an essential part of online games like Valorant.
But what if Voice chats suddenly stop working while playing Valorant?
It’s annoying when you cannot communicate with other gamers through voice chat.
Read through this article to know what to do when Valorant voice chat is not working.
What To Do When Valorant Voice Chat Is Not Working?
Follow the methods below when voice chat is not working on Valorant and fix the issue.
1) Tweak In-Game Settings
When Valorant voice chat is not working, tweak some in-game settings.
To do so, follow the steps given below:
- Open Valorant. Then click on the gear button from the top to open game Settings.
- Click on Audio > Voice Chat.
- Here, adjust the microphone, and toggle the Party Voice Chat both in-game and out.
- Then Edit Voice Chat Key Bindings for a high level of control.
- Next, enable the Loopback Test and check the mic.
If your voice is audible, then this means the group settings are ok.
- Make sure you have enabled Party Voice Chat and Team voice chat.
Also, note that the Party Voice chat and Team Voice chat are enabled by default but they are Push-to-Talk (PTT) by default.
If you are attempting to voice chat for the first time then hold the ‘U’ button to speak to your party and the ‘V’ button to speak to the entire team.
If you are not audible, then choose your preferred speaker or headphone for the Output device and select your preferred mic for the Input device.
2) Check That You Don’t Have Valorant On Mute In Your PC
If you still cannot hear anything during voice chat on Valorant, check that you don’t have Valorant on mute on your PC.
Windows allows you to set various sound levels for various apps.
Here is how to check it:
- Right-click on the Windows sound icon and select Sound Settings.
- Check that the Volume slider is set all the way set to the right.
- Next, open the Volume, Mixer.
- Locate Valorant from the Apps and expand it.
- Check that the volume is set to 100 and that you have selected the correct output device from the drop-down menu.
Open your game and see if voice chat is working now; if not, then disable all other sound devices.
3) Disable Other Sound Devices
Disabling the sound devices except for the one you are using can fix the voice chat issue on Valorant.
To do that, follow the steps given:
- Open Windows Sound Settings.
- Choose the More Sound settings option.
- Go to the Playback tab and right-click on devices other than the one you are using.
- Choose to Disable the option. Click on OK.
- Next, head to the recording tab and disable devices other than the one you are using as you have done before.
- Then right-click on the device that you are using and enable it if you get the option. Otherwise, select it and click on Set Default.
- Save the changes by clicking on Apply & then on OK.
4) Run Valorant As An Administrator
Sometimes the game requires administrative permission to run.
You can try running Valorant with administrative privileges and see if this can fix the voice chat issue.
To do that, follow the steps given:
- Right-click on the Valorant desktop shortcut and open its Properties.
- Go to the Compatibility tab and check the box for Run this program as administrator.
- You can also check the box for Run this program in compatibility mode. Then select another Windows version.
If this does not fix the problem, check that you have selected the correct audio device.
5) Make Sure That The Correct Audio Device Is Selected
Ensure that you have selected the correct audio output device. Else you can have audio issues in your game.
- To check that, open the Sound Settings again.
- Check that you have selected the correct Output device under the Output section.
Now open Valorant and try voice chatting. If it still does not work, then troubleshoot your audio drivers.
6) Troubleshoot The Sound Drivers
Outdated audio drivers can be the reason why Valorant voice chat is not functioning.
So, follow the steps given below to troubleshoot your audio drivers:
- Right-click on the Windows Start menu and select Device Manager.
- Expand the Sound, video, and game controllers section & right-click on your audio driver.
- Click on Disable device option. Click on Yes.
- Wait for a few minutes and then right-click on the sound device again and choose Enable device.
- You can also right-click on the audio driver and choose to Update driver.
- From the next pop-up, click on Search automatically for the drivers option.
- Once you are done updating the drivers, restart your device.
- Now check if the Valorant voice chat is working. If not, then open the device manager again and expand the sound, video, and game controllers section.
- Right-click on the sound driver and click on Uninstall Device option.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to finish the uninstallation process.
- Once done, restart your PC. After a fresh restart, the audio driver will automatically get reinstalled. Now the voice chat issue should be fixed.
Frequently Asked Questions [FAQs]
- How do you unmute teammates in Valorant?
To unmute teammates in Valorant, select the tab and while having it selected, press the middle button & click on the sound icon. Now you can change the volume of all the teammates. You can turn them off by selecting ‘team voice’.
- How to talk to the entire team in Valorant?
The players can use All Chat by holding “Shift” before pressing the Enter button.
So, that’s all for now! Let us know which method s helped you fix the voice chat issue on Valorant.
For further doubts or queries, ask us in the comments section below.