YouTube is becoming one of the most popular content viewing platforms, with a great number of content creators uploading videos in all sorts of genres. Although it is such popular, Google YouTube developers rarely change or modify the user interface of the platform, for better or for worse.
YouTube Video Player Size
One of the most important advantages of resizing the YouTube player is playing the videos in smaller screen sizes for lower resolutions. A 360p video will appear clearer on a smaller screen, that the default size of the YouTube player.
There are 3 buttons in the YouTube video player that allow changing the YouTube video player size. However, these are pretty limiting in nature, and configure the player size in a predetermined fashion. These options are:
- Mini player: It starts the video in a smaller window but within the same tab. This player is useful if you wish to search YouTube for more videos, without the current video taking up the entire screen real estate.
- Theatre mode: Theatre mode makes the YouTube screen bigger, to take up half of the window in full screen mode. This is an effective way to make YouTube screen bigger, without losing touch of the recommended videos.
- Fullscreen: As the name suggests, this plays the video in a full screen view.
How To Make YouTube Screen Bigger Or Smaller?
YouTube player is not versatile at all when it comes to the player size. Apart from the three size options mentioned above, there are not many options you can try. Here are two simple methods that you can apply in order to make the YouTube screen bigger or smaller.
Method 1: Adjust The Screen Zoom
Although not the prettiest option, it is one of the most reliable methods you can try to resize YouTube player. This involves adjusting the screen zoom that is set to 100% by default.
To zoom in or out, press and hold the Ctrl button and press the minus or plus buttons on your keyboard to decrease or increase the zoom, respectively. This will adjust the screen size depending on how much you zoom in or zoom out.
Method 2: Use Picture In Picture Mode
This is one of the only methods you can apply to truly resize YouTube player on your computer. The Picture In Picture mode can be extremely handy for multiple reasons, the primary being the ability to Pin YouTube videos on top of other apps.
YouTube by default does not make it easy to find the Picture In Picture mode, as it is cleverly hidden away in a context menu. Follow these steps to access this menu:
- Open YouTube and play the video on your web browser.
- Right-click twice on the video In quick succession to get an additional context menu.
- Select Picture In Picture from this menu.
This will launch the video in a small floatable window. This window is fully resizable, and you can adjust the video size according to how you prefer.
Adjust the player size can be beneficial in multiple scenarios. Now you know how to resize YouTube player using the method provided above. Comment below if you found this useful, and to discuss further the same.