Hotkeys or keyboard shortcuts are assigned keys for reducing the number of steps and extra mouse clicks required to do any task.
In the OBS studio, you can also save your work time using some OBS hotkeys.
You can rapidly access the necessary action in the OBS workshop using those keys.
In this article, I will introduce several OBS shortcuts to execute specific tasks.
OBS Shortcuts ranges from simple start-stop broadcasting to layouts and transitions.
Custom hotkeys in OBS allow you to create an efficient streaming arrangement for your comfort.
1. How To Open OBS Keyboard Shortcuts
Hotkeys are provided by OBS for quick action. To access these hotkeys, follow the procedures below:
- Open OBS and click on the File tab.
- Choose Settings and then click on Hotkeys.
In this section, you will notice that OBS has assigned multiple hotkeys in each scene.
Between going to a scene and concealing or revealing an output, you can configure hotkeys for each scene in OBS.
This will make it easier for you to superimpose photos within OBS. Using the OBS shortcut, you can add numerous photos to a single scene.
However, keep in mind that the keyboard shortcuts functions in OBS are disabled by default.
To use the OBS hotkeys, you must first choose a key to activate the specified functions.
2. Hotkey In OBS List
In OBS, there are some default hotkeys except the customize option.
These are as follows:
|Move source up in sources list
|Move source down in sources list
|Move source to top of sources list
|Move source to bottom of sources list
|Fit to screen
|Stretch to screen
|Center to screen
Rather than these, there are some custom OBS keyboard shortcuts present in the application. Users are assigned these keys as per their choice.
- Start Streaming
- Stop Streaming
- Stop Streaming (discard delay)
- Start Recording
- Stop recording
- Pause recording
- Un-pause recording
- Start Replay buffer
- Stop Replay buffer
- Start Virtual Camera
- Stop Virtual Camera
- Enable preview
- Disable preview
- Show source Toolbar
- Hide Source Toolbar
- Studio Mode
- Reset Stats
- Screenshot Output
- Screenshot Selected Source
- Quick Transition: Cut
- Quick Transition: Fade (300ms)
- Quick Transition: Fade to Black (300ms)
- Switch to scene
Desktop Audio and Mic/Aux
3. Setup OBS Hotkeys For Start Recording
Following the steps below you can assign OBS keyboard shortcuts to start recording in OBS:
- Launch OBS and click on the File tab on the Left Corner.
- Click on the Settings option and under this window go to the Hotkeys option.
- On the general option, you’ll find the Start Recording option.
- Select the allotted space box and press the key you want to use as a hotkey for that activity. (I assigned R for that particular action).
- Click on Apply and then Ok to assign the particular Key on that action.
So after reading this article, you now know how to enhance your performance using OBS Hotkeys.
If you still have queries regarding this topic, ask us in the comment section.
Feel free to share and stay connected.