YouTube has vastly changed the way we consume content over the internet. The platform now has many creators making music and other videos on a regular basis. Many popular creators have also switched to YouTube, uploading their music videos for the viewers to see for free.
Many times, we may want just the audio file to ourselves to listen offline. This may be before a trip, where you are not sure you may get a stable internet connection, or it is possible that you may not want to see the video at all. Whatever the reason, here I shall discuss how to download music from YouTube using some free software available for everybody.
How To Download Music From YouTube?
You can play music videos on YouTube as well, but the experience comes laden with advertisements. Getting interrupted by ads may also be one of the reasons why you may want to keep certain videos in offline audio format instead.
Although there is an option of paying for YouTube premium, which allows playing music in the background as well, you can always download a song from YouTube using the free list of software provided below.
A Note Of Caution:
Before you download any music using any ripping software, you must keep in mind that you should never violate copyright restrictions. You can use the applications provided below to download your own videos, videos and audios in the public domain, or any content where you have the permission from the video owner.
There are strict rules in Google’s Terms of Usage, which prevents ripping any video which you do not have the permission to. Upon such copyright infringement, your account can be suspended or be subject to legal action. That being said, here are some of the applications that you can use to download a song from YouTube.
Freemake has been one of the most popular YouTube converters for quite some time now. The standalone application has many features which makes it extremely popular among the users. Some of these features include the following:
- Freemake has built-in multithread download support, which makes the application extremely fast on almost all devices. You will find that you can use multiple features at once without the application showing signs of stuttering.
- The app also has built-in search support, which is extremely popular among users. You do not have to open the browser and then search for the YouTube video, as you can simply search for the required video in the Freemake application.
- Batch conversion is also immensely popular among users, which allows them to download music collections and playlists from YouTube in a single click.
- Output preview allows you to listen to the song before you convert and download the audio file.
You can also convert and upload the downloaded track to specific gadgets like iPod, PSP, Walkman, and much more.
MediaHuman YouTube to mp3 converter is another dedicated YouTube converter application, which allows you to download YouTube and SoundCloud music locally for offline viewing. Some of its features which makes it popular among users include the following:
- MediaHuman YouTube to mp3 converter focuses on getting the highest available quality for download, which means that users get the best quality audio when they download YouTube music. The app supports up to 320 kbps quality, which makes it very popular among users.
- You can not only download YouTube music, but you can also pull resources from other websites such as Vimeo, Soundcloud, Dailymotion, VEVO, and much more.
- You can also edit mp3 metadata using the application, which makes it easier to sort the music downloaded using the MediaHuman application.
- Similar to Freemake above, MediaHuman YouTube to mp3 converter also supports downloading entire playlists and channels, along with the ability to subscribe to channels to receive only the new tracks.
There are many more features that you can try while downloading music from YouTube.
Although not strictly a converter, 4K video downloader supports downloading audio from YouTube and other websites. Here are some of the popular features you can enjoy:
- One of the most popular features of 4K Video Downloader is the ability to download private YouTube videos if you have access to the URL. You can watch and download the private content without signing in to YouTube. This makes it an excellent choice for users who may have lost their backup of the video that they uploaded already.
- Support for multiple websites is built into the application, which allows users to download videos and audios from YouTube, Vimeo, Facebook, Instagram, Dailymotion, Tumblr, and much more.
- You can download music from YouTube in a variety of outputs, which include multiple formats such as mp3, m4a, and OGG. You can also change the quality of output, which includes original, high, medium, and low settings. Set the desirable formats and click on the Extract button to rip the YouTube audio.
- When you download videos from YouTube, you can also download the subtitles and annotations alongside the videos. 4K Video Downloader allows you to extract the subtitles in SRT format for the entire playlist.
The free version of the application contains occasional adverts, which sometimes slows down the application. To remove the ads, you can get the premium license for $15/3 licenses.
Unlike the previous entries, if you do not wish to download any application at all, you can use the online method by using YouTube to MP3 Converter. To use this tool, you do not need to register or install any application. Simply grab the YouTube music URL, and paste it in the search bar on the website.
- YouTube to MP3 Converter now has keyword support, which means that you can directly search for the YouTube video by entering the keywords in the search bar of the website.
- You can select from a variety of output formats, which include mp3, m4a, and WEBM. Each format also comes supplemented with different qualities, allowing the user to select the quality in which they wish to download the audio.
- Apart from audio, the converter also allows you to download videos in case you want to keep a copy of the video as well. You can download videos and audios from many different sources such as YouTube, Facebook, Vimeo, Dailymotion, and much more.
- The app supports direct upload to your cloud storage as well and has native support for Dropbox and Google Drive.
If you do not wish to download any application, give YouTube to MP3 Converter a try.
With data costs becoming cheaper, many users have switched to streaming as opposed to downloading locally. Seeing the popularity of music streaming on YouTube, the platform launched a new application called YouTube music for smartphones.
The basic version of YouTube music is free for a month, although it does not allow background play and offline listening. With the premium account for $9.99, you can download the music for offline listening, however, note that you can only listen to the songs using the application. You also get rid of the ads and get access to downloading entire playlists with the premium version.
YouTube Music is a great rival to Spotify, and in our usage, we found the algorithm sticking to the songs that we previously heard. The music prediction is also robust, and presents music similar to our interests and currently listening.
So, there you have it. Using the methods provided above, now you know how to download music from YouTube easily. Comment below your thoughts if you found this useful, and to discuss further the same.