If you are bored with the same Windows flyouts, try out the latest Flyouts to replace the audio, brightness, taskbar wallpaper or airplane mode of the traditional Windows 11 flyout.
These flyout applications customize your Windows look and makes it look trendy.
So, here are 5 cool Windows 11 Flyouts specially handpicked for your Windows 11.
How To Get Windows 11 Flyouts?
Check out this extensive guide and know how to install and use the Flyouts on your Windows 11 desktop.
1) Modern Flyout
Modern flyout is Windows default flyout.
This application will replace the airplane, brightness, and audio flyouts in Windows.
This will not close the native flyout. When Modern flyout is shown, it will be hidden, and the users can easily choose between Windows default flyout and Modern flyout.
It allows the users to customize and disable each flyout independently.
Modern Flyout supports the following list of Flyouts:
- Audio Flyout
- Airplane Mode
- Scroll Lock
- Number Lock
- Caps Lock
- Media session Flyout
- Insert / Overtype mode
How To Install Modern Flyout?
To get the Modern Flyout follow the steps given below:
- Open Microsoft Store apps and search for ModernFlyouts or you can click on this link to get the app.
- Click on the Install button.
- Wait till the download process is complete. Next click Open.
A pop-up window will appear. Under Default Flyout, check that Modern Flyout is enabled.
How To Use Modern Flyout?
- Expand the menu for Show hidden items on your Windows 11 taskbar and you will see the Modern Flyouts icon there.
- You can change to the Windows default flyout by selecting the option whenever you want.
- The General settings allow you to run the Modern flyout at startup. If you do not want that, just turn off the toggle and it will not start whenever you turn up your PC.
- Expand the language option, and you have options to choose from 30 different languages for your flyout. So it gives the option to use the flyout in your native and familiar languages.
- You can set Modern Flyout or Windows flyout as the default one.
- If you are not satisfied with the settings you have changed, you always have the option to reset all settings to the default one.
- Click on the Personalization option from the left panel. You will find several options to personalize your Windows 11.
- You can change the settings screen to default. Click on the options given under the theme app to do so.
The Light theme will keep the Settings screen light.
The Dark option will change the settings screen to Dark mode.
- To break the monotony of the default Windows theme, you can keep on changing the themes.
- Coming to the top bar visibility, you have options to make the top bar visible.
- Click Auto hide to minimize the options showing on the screen.
Clicking on the collapsed button will close all the available settings on the panel.
- You can even drag the top bar and place it anywhere on your Windows screen.
- If you do not want your flyout to be opaque, use the slider to reduce the opacity and make it appear bit transparent or translucent.
- You can also use the up volume and down volume keys to reduce and increase the opacity of the flyout. It does the same thing.
- If you do not want to show the Modern Flyout icon on the system tray, turn off the toggle for the show icon on the system tray option.
- The icon will no more appear on the system tray, and you can turn the toggle on anytime you want it back.
- The color of the icon can be changed from blue to black For this, turn off the toggle for use a colored tray icon.
- In the Layout option, you can select the preferred display monitor to display the flyout.
- You can change the Flyout placement mode to Automatic and Manual.
- Modern Flyout also allows you to change the Flyout alignment as per your preference. This will change the placement of the flyout appearing on your screen. So, while working, you can place the flyout at your convenience.
- There are drop-down menus to adjust the Horizontal alignment and vertical alignment.
- The expansion direction of the Modern flyout can also be changed. You can do so by expanding the dedicated drop-down menu.
- In the Flyout Module section you will find the options to adjust the Audio and Brightness levels. Just make sure to turn on the toggle buttons for the respective options.
- You can easily turn on and turn off the Airplane mode by toggling the button.
- Modern Flyout also lets you select the keys you want to show flyout for, like the
- Caps Lock
- Num Lock
- Scroll Lock
- Insert key
All you need to do is turn on the toggle button for the respective key you want.
2) Translucent TB
Translucent TB lets control the appearance of the taskbar. You can customize the color and effect of it.
The UI is pretty simple, with lots of features like the blurry, transparent, colored, or opaque taskbar.
The customization options are quite simple but innovative. Now let us see how to get Translucent TB.
How To Install Translucent TB?
- Get Translucent TB app from the Microsoft store and download it by clicking on the Get button.
- It is completely free, so you will not have any problems while downloading it. After the download is complete, click on the Open button.
- Confirm by clicking on the Yes button. Then open the app.
- Next, click on the Continue button from the following Window pop-up.
- As soon as the app is installed, you will find the taskbar appears translucent. You will only be able to see the specific icons.
How To Use Translucent Taskbar?
- If you expand the show hidden items menu on the taskbar, you will see the translucent taskbar icon there.
- When you expand the menu, you will find several options. You can add a zing to your Desktop appearance by choosing from Normal, Opaque, Clear, or Acrylic options.
- If you choose the Normal mode, the taskbar will appear as Windows default taskbar.
- When you select Opaque, the taskbar will appear black.
- The Acrylic option will make the taskbar appear translucent or blurry, as seen in the picture below.
The next option is a visible window. This option also allows you to break the monotony of the taskbar appearance.
- You can choose from Accent color Normal Opaque Clear or Acrylic.
- Click on the Accent color option and choose a preferred color from the colorpicker.
- Save your changes, and your taskbar will instantly change to that specific color.
- Clicking on the advanced option, you will get several other settings. You will get options to edit the basic settings.
A Notepad will open with the settings values. You can change it as per your wish to return to default settings.
- You will also get an option to hide the translucent TB icon from the tray. So, keep on experimenting with changing the entire look of the taskbar using this flyout.
3) Fluent Flyout Battery
Flyout Fluent right now shows you only the battery usage replacing the standard system flyouts.
It readily displays the battery percentage, estimated time length, charge capacity, etc.
Now let’s see how to install Fluent Flyouts.
How To Install Fluent Flyouts Battery?
- Visit Microsoft store and search for Fluent Flyout Battery. Click on the Get button to download it.
- After downloading the app, click on the Install button to install the app. Next, Open it.
- As soon as you download the app, you will see a battery-like icon in the show hidden icons section.
How To Use Fluent Flyouts Battery?
- Click on the icon, and the remaining capacity will be displayed. It makes it easy to check the battery status while working.
- You will also find a slider to change the Power mode. This way, you will be able to control battery usage during busy hours.
- You can drag the UI and place it anywhere on your desktop to operate it easily at your convenience.
- Click on the gear icon to expand the flyout settings.
- You will get more or less the same settings like the Power Slider, Battery Health, or Additional.
- Just make sure to turn on the toggle buttons to get all this information when needed. You can also click on the Twitter link to join them and stay connected.
4) Rounded TB
Rounded TB is a wonderful app for customizing the shape of your Windows 11 taskbar.
Rounded TB adds margins, rounded corners, and segments to the taskbar.
It does not modify any system files or permanently change your Windows settings. So its safe to use.
How To Install Rounded TB?
- Get Rounded TB downloaded from the Microsoft store.
- After downloading and installing the app successfully, open it.
- Now you will see an informative page about the app. Click OK to proceed.
- Rounded TB will start working now.
- You will see a Display at the left upper corner of your desktop. You can drag the window to the desired place.
How To Use Rounded TB Flyout?
- Just experiment with the sliders given for adjusting the margins and corner radius of the taskbar.
- Make changes until you find a satisfactory one. Click Apply to apply those changes.
- The taskbar will immediately change as per the adjustments made.
- Expanding the Advanced menu, you will find many options.
- Selecting the Dynamic mode will make the taskbar upper much smaller.
- You will find a keyboard shortcut ( Win + F2) to open the System tray separately. This will help if you are bored with the long taskbar and want to cut it short in a smart way.
- There is another fun way to get the system tray – Show the system tray on hover.
- Yes, as the title suggests, you will be able to see the disappeared system tray when you hover on that area!
- Translucent TB compatibility is much like the Translucent flyout we described earlier. It will make the taskbar appear translucent.
- Fill Taskbar when Maximised will be filled back to its normal appearance when you maximize a window. You can also press Alt + tab to do that.
Aurora is a breathtaking animation that lets you play with vibrant colors to customize your desktop.
Besides, the colors helps you stay calm and relaxed while working for long hours in front of your PC.
How To Install Aurora?
- Get Aurora from the Microsoft store.
- Wait for some time till it gets installed into your system.
- Click on the Open button.
- As soon as you open the app, you will see a vibrant purple screen on your desktop.
How To Use Aurora?
- Press Ctrl + Space or click on the dotted menu to open Settings.
- Choose from a wide variety of live wallpapers to personalize the look of your Windows 11 Desktop. You will get a 7 days trial period to use the live wallpapers then you will have to buy the package.
- You can change the settings page’s colors and your desktop background with Aurora. To do so, click on Presets option and choose a color.
You will see the colors of the settings window are instantly changing.
- To set that color as the Desktop wallpaper click on the set as static wallpaper option.
As soon as you apply the option you will see the static colour as your Desktop background.
Frequently Asked Questions [FAQs]
- How do I turn off flyouts in Windows 11?
To turn off the flyouts in Windows 11, enter gpedit in the Windows search bar and press Enter.
Browse to Configuration > Administrative Templates > Start Menu and Taskbar and double click on the Remove Notifications and Action Center policy.
- Do Modern flyouts work with Spotify?
Yes, Modern Flyouts works easily with Spotify, Google Chrome, Groove Music etc.
- Are Flyouts harmful to my device?
No, Flyout apps are not harmful and easy to work with. Make sure to get it from the Microsoft Store only and not from any unknown source.
Related: Customizing Windows 10 Taskbar Icons – Complete Guide
So that’s all about Windows 11 flyouts! Keep experimenting with these 5 exclusive flyout apps till we turn up a few more.
For any related queries, feel free to ask us in the comments section provided below.
Leave a Reply