Are you getting a black screen as soon as your start playing Valorant? For many gamers, the game gets stuck soon after launching and shows a black screen.
Black screen problem is common for games and can be fixed easily with the solutions described below.
What To Do When I Get Black Screen At Startup On Valorant?
Follow the methods below and perform the steps when you get a black screen while plating Valorant.
1) Run Valorant On Windowed Mode
Run Valorant and press the F11 key on your keyboard. This will change Valorant to windowed mode.
This will help fix the Black screen issue at the startup of the game.
- Click on the menu icon in the top right corner.
- Select Settings. Then go to the video tab and change the Display mode to Windowed Fullscreen.
- Save the changes and then press F11 key again.
- Click on the Confirm button from the Display Settings Confirmation window.
2) Run Valorant As An Administrator
Some elements of the game may require administrative privileges to run.
So, run the game as an administrator when you see a black screen after launching the game.
To run Valorant as an administrator, follow the steps given below:
- Right-click on the Valorant icon from your desktop. Open its Properties.
- Click on the Compatibility tab and check the box for Run this program as an administrator. If this cannot fix the issue.
3) Run Valorant In Compatibility Mode
Sometimes the Windows version may not be compatible with the game.
So, run the game in compatibility mode and see if this can fix the issue.
Follow the steps to do so:
- Right-click on the Valorant desktop icon and then open Properties.
- From the Compatibility tab, check the box for Run this program in compatibility mode. Then select the Windows version.
- Now, open your game and check if this could fix the issue. If not, then troubleshoot the graphics drivers.
4) Troubleshoot Graphics Drivers
Always make sure that your graphics drivers are up to date. The newly launched games are generally unstable with the older graphics driver versions.
With the new games, the graphics card manufacturers provide driver updates that are specifically meant to enhance gaming performance.
Follow the steps below to troubleshoot the graphics drivers:
- Right-click on the Start menu and choose Device Manager.
- Expand the Display Adapters section and right-click on the Graphics driver.
- Select Uninstall Device option and then follow the on-screen instruction.
- After installation of the drivers, install them again.
For the AMD graphics driver, install the Radeon app. Then run it. Similarly, for NVIDIA graphics drivers, install and run the GeForce Experience.
If you already have them installed on your PC, run them. It will detect the missing graphics drivers & they will download and install them.
Once done, restart your PC. Then rerun the app to check for any updates. If any update is available, download & install them.
After troubleshooting the graphics drivers, if the problem persists, stop overclocking your system.
5) Stop Overclocking Your System
We often overclock our system to improve its performance. But this can sometimes overheat the system and as a result affect your gaming experience.
So, when you are getting a black screen on Valorant, stop over-clocking your system.
6) Reinstall Valorant
If no other method could help you fix the Valorant black screen error, reinstall the game.
If there is any issue with the previous installation file, then a fresh installation can fix the issue.
Follow the steps below to reinstall Valorant:
- Type Control Panel in the Windows search box and click on the top option.
- Then select Programs and Features.
- Scroll down and find Valorant.
- Right-click on the game and select Uninstall.
- Follow the instructions given on-screen to finish the uninstallation process.
- Reinstall Valorant, and then start enjoying your game.
Frequently Asked Questions [FAQs]
- How do I fix Riot client’s black screen?
Update the graphics drivers when you see a black screen while opening the Riot client. This issue generally happens due to outdated graphics drivers.
- Is the black screen of death on windows fixable?
Yes, BSOD errors are generally caused by software glitches and can often be repaired. If a black screen occurs frequently, then this can indicate a serious hardware problem.
- How can I fix a black screen after BIOS?
To fix a black screen after BIOS, reconnect the AC adapter and battery. Then turn on your PC.
After this, your system will automatically start to resume the BIOS update.
Let the BIOS update get completed, and your PC restart.
After performing the above methods, you are not getting a black screen while playing Valorant.
For any further queries, ask us in the comments section provided below.