NVIDIA has been one of the most popular GPU manufacturers when it comes to the desktop environment. the chips come with a control panel called NVIDIA GeForce experience, which allows users to control and manage settings for their hardware. after downloading GeForce experience, some users have noticed a service called NVIDIA Capture Server Proxy on the task manager.
Seeing a 3rd party service on the computer can worry some people, as t wonder if it is a malware or some sort of threat to the data or not.
What Is NVIDIA Capture Server Proxy?
As many long term NVIDIA hardware users may tell you, NVIDIA has been known to develop and push additional processes and services for the graphics drivers. you will be able to confirm this from the task manager, where you will see many and NVIDIA services like NVIDIA network service, NVIDIA backend, NVIDIA streamer service, and NVIDIA User experience component.
NVIDIA Capture Server Proxy is related to the NVIDIA streamer service and NVIDIA streamer user agent. both of the services are necessary if you want to stream games that you play on your PC to NVIDIA shield devices. these are one of the services that you may never find the use of on your computer.
The NVIDIA services like capture server proxy and network service are under constant scrutiny as t may end up causing increased system resource usage while contributing insignificantly do your gameplay.
Disable The NVIDIA Services You May Never Need
if you do not stream from your computer to NVIDIA shield devices, you may not find NVIDIA Capture Server Proxy important on your computer. the most popular NVIDIA services and their purpose are discussed below:
- NVIDIA streamer service: used to stream games from PC to NVIDIA shield
- NVIDIA backend (NvBackend.exe): component of NVIDIA GeForce experience
- NVIDIA capture server (nvspcaps64.exe): part of GeForce experience that allows you to record games locally
- NVIDIA GeForce experience service (GfExperienceServivce.exe): this is the primary NVIDIA service.
- NVIDIA network service: also, a component of GeForce experience, this service is essential for the update feature to work correctly. you may get an error message if you disable the service.
- NVIDIA user experience driver component (nvxdsync.exe): It is required for 3D capabilities on the internet.
Step 1: Disable NVIDIA Capture Server Proxy Startup
If you do not need the capture server proxy, you can remove it from your computer. Follow these steps to disable the service from starting at boot:
- Open task manager. You can use the keyboard shortcut Ctrl + Shift + Esc.
- Shift to the Startup tab.
- Under this tab, right-click on the NVIDIA services that you do not want, and select Disable from the context menu.
This will prevent the service from launching at boot, thus reducing resource consumption during usage.
Step 2: Disable The Services
Next, you will need to disable the service from the Services console. Follow these steps for the same:
- In Windows Search (Win + S), type services.
- Press Enter to launch the Services console.
- Here, locate and right-click on the service from NVIDIA that you wish to disable.
- Select Properties from the context menu.
- From the drop-down menu next to Startup type, select Disabled.
Note: To turn off NVIDIA Capture Server Proxy, disable the NVIDIA streamer service and NVIDIA streamer user agent services.
So there you have it. now you know how to disable NVIDIA Capture Server Proxy and other unnecessary NVIDIA services using the simple method provided above. Did you find this useful? Comment below if you did, and to discuss further the same.