Nintendo’s versatile appeal makes it a wide customer base.
You can use it as a traditional console, connect it to your TV or monitor, or even use it as a handheld device.
But as no device can be free of glitches, customers sometimes find their Switch is not getting up from sleep.
This is a common problem and can be dealt with easily.
So, if Your Nintendo Switch is not getting up from sleep, here is what you can do.
Why Is Nintendo Switch Not Waking Up From Sleep?
Nintendo Switch won’t wake up from sleep due to the following reasons:
- Faulty Adapter
- Damaged Power Button
- Old Batteries
- Faulty Port
How To Fix A Nintendo Switch That Doesn’t Wake Up?
Follow this step-by-step guide when the Nintendo Switch is not waking up from sleep and fix it.
1) Hard Reset Your Nintendo Switch
If your Nintendo Switch does not wake up from sleep, perform a hard reset.
A hard reset reverses all the settings to their factory defaults. This will erase all data from your system and refresh it.
Here is how to perform a hard reset:
- Unplug the AC adapter from the Nintendo Switch and the main wall outlet.
- Keeping the AC adapter unplugged, press & hold the Power button from the top left side of the device and hold it for 15-20 seconds.
- Release the buttons & next press the Power button again and see if this can turn the Nintendo Switch on.
If the Nintendo Switch still does not wake up from sleep, reset the AC Adapter.
2) Reset The AC Adapter
When the Nintendo Switch still does not wake up from sleep,
reset the AC adapter:
- Unplug the AC adapter from both ends. Wait for some minutes.
- In the meantime, check that the number of the adapter model is HAC-002; else, it should be incompatible with your device.
- Check if there is any sign of physical damage on the adapter.
- You can replace the adapter if you see any sign of damage on it.
Connect the new adapter to the Console and the wall outlet and turn on the Nintendo Switch.
See if it wakes up from sleep now. If it still does not, check the power button.
3) Check The Power Switch
If the Power button of the Nintendo Switch is damaged, then also your device will not wake from sleep.
So, press the power button and see if you can properly press it down.
If the button is hard, or you cannot press it, then there can be a problem with the button.
- Take a brush to clean the sides of the button to remove any trace of dirt and dust accumulated from there.
- Besides, you can use cotton swabs and isopropyl alcohol to cleanse the dirt away.
- If this does not fix the problem, you can take it to the repair shop to repair the button. If, after repairing it, you still cannot wake up the Switch from sleep, check the battery.
4) Check The Battery
Due to a faulty battery, the Nintendo Switch will not get charged and as a result will not wake up from sleep.
So, check if the battery has swelled up or if there is any sign of damage on it.
You can replace the old battery and try to power on the Nintendo Switch. If the Nintendo Switch still does not wake up, check the port.
5) Check The Port
If the USB-C port of the Nintendo Switch is damaged, then the Switch will not get charged. As a result, it will not wake up from sleep.
Check the port following these steps:
- Use a flashlight and see if dirt has accumulated inside the port.
- You can use cotton buds, or toothpick, or compressed air to clean the port.
Be careful so that you do not cause any further damage to the device while cleaning the port.
- You can also open the Nintendo Switch and look for any internal damage.
- You can seek an expert’s help to repair the port.
Frequently Asked Questions [FAQs]
- Why my Nintendo Switch is showing a black screen?
The Nintendo Switch can show a black screen if the charger has become damaged or the port is faulty.
If the Nintendo Switch is not charged up it will display a black unresponsive screen.
- How long does it take for the dead Switch to turn on?
If the Switch’s battery is fully drained, it can take a few minutes to turn on even if you have connected it to a charger.
- Why is my Nintendo in Sleep Mode?
The Nintendo is designed to be in Sleep mode when not in use to save energy.
So, that was how you should fix a Nintendo Switch that does not wake up from sleep.
Let us know which of the above methods helped you fix the issue.
Keep in touch with us for more games and tech-related solutions.