Does Nintendo Switch have Bluetooth? Yes, with the Switch’s update in 2020, Nintendo introduced an innovative feature that allows users to connect to Bluetooth headphones wirelessly.
This feature has been highly anticipated by avid gamers who love using Bluetooth headphones for games.
Here we have shown how you can connect your Bluetooth headphones to the Nintendo Switch and enjoy your favorite games. Let’s dive in!
Factors To Consider Before Connecting Bluetooth Headphones To Nintendo Switch
Before connecting the Switch to Bluetooth, there are certain factors that you should keep in mind. These are:
- You can connect up to 2 wireless controllers to a Nintendo Switch while using Bluetooth audio.
- You cannot pair any additional wireless controllers till you disconnect the Bluetooth audio device.
- During local communication, the Bluetooth audio will get disconnected.
- At a time, only one Bluetooth audio device can be paired, but you can save up to 10 devices on a Nintendo Switch system.
- You cannot use Bluetooth microphones and experience latency depending on the Bluetooth device.
- One thing you should keep in mind is that volume changes can occur while using the same Bluetooth device across you multiple devices along with the Nintendo Switch.
How To Update Your Nintendo Switch?
Nintendo constantly releases updates to improve the functionality of its systems and services.
Your Nintendo Switch should be updated to 13.0 or higher version for Bluetooth audio connectivity.
So, before connecting Bluetooth headphones to Nintendo Switch, update your Switch.
Nintendo mostly downloads the latest update automatically while it is connected to the internet.
Here is how to update your Nintendo Switch:
- From the Home menu of your Nintendo Switch, open System Settings.
- Scroll down to System and select it.
- Select System Update.
Your device will start checking for the latest available update and automatically download it.
- You can check for the current version of the update displayed under the System Update button.
How Can You Connect Bluetooth Headphones To Nintendo Switch?
Here is how you can connect a new Bluetooth audio device to your Nintendo Switch:
- First, ensure that you have not connected more than two wireless controllers to your Nintendo Switch.
Else you cannot pair the new Bluetooth audio device to your Nintendo Switch.
- To disconnect a controller, press the Sync button on the controller for a second till it turns off.
- Remember that a pair of Joy-Cons are counted as two wireless controllers.
- Now turn on the Bluetooth headphone and set it to pairing or searchable mode.
- Follow the instructions provided on your specific Bluetooth device to pair it. The steps can vary from device to device.
- Now select the Home menu on your Nintendo Switch and go to System Settings.
- Select Bluetooth Audio and select the Pair Device option. This will initiate a search for any available Bluetooth device within its range.
- Wait till it completes its search. If you already have 10 devices paired to your System, you need to remove at least one device to connect the Bluetooth headphone. Then it will search for any available Bluetooth device.
- Then select the Bluetooth headphone once found.
- When you get connected, check by playing any audio. Adjust the volume to your comfort level.
How Can You Reconnect A Saved Device To Your Nintendo Device?
If you have previously connected a Bluetooth audio device to your Nintendo Device, you can reconnect the saved device.
Here is how to do it:
- Turn on the Bluetooth device you want to connect. Ensure that it is not connected to any other device.
- The Bluetooth device should automatically get connected to your Nintendo Switch when it is turned on and within the range of the Nintendo Switch.
- From the Home menu of the Nintendo Switch, go to System Settings.
- Select Bluetooth Audio. Select the Bluetooth device’s name from the list of saved devices.
- Next, select the Connect Device option. Once connected, try to play some audio tracks and adjust the volume level as per your preferences.
- If the device does not get properly connected, remove the saved Bluetooth device and then pair it again as a new device.
Also read: What to do when Nintendo Switch Pro-controller doesn’t connect.
How To Connect A Bluetooth Device To The Nintendo Switch Using A Bluetooth Adapter?
You can also connect Bluetooth headphones to the Nintendo Switch using various adapters.
Here we are showing how to connect using a USB-C Bluetooth Adapter and a USB-A Bluetooth adapter.
1) Connect Bluetooth Headphones To The Nintendo Switch Using USB-C Bluetooth Adapter
Follow these steps to know how to connect Bluetooth Headphones to the Nintendo Switch using USB-C Bluetooth Adapter:
- Insert the USB-C adapter to the USB-C port of the Nintendo Switch.
- If the adapter has a mic, then insert it in the 3.5 mm Auxiliary Port.
- The Bluetooth adapters usually do not support headset mics. But this way, you can communicate in the game chat.
- Now turn on the Bluetooth device by holding the button located near the bottom of the transmitter till e light starts flashing.
- Initiate the pairing mode on your Bluetooth headphones. This process may vary from device to device, so go through the user annually to know the exact process of your device model.
- Now the audio transmitter and the headset should connect automatically. You will see an audio prompt when the connection is successful.
2) Connect Bluetooth Headphones To The Nintendo Switch Using USB-A Bluetooth Adapter
Here is how to connect Bluetooth headphones to the Nintendo Switch using a USB-A Bluetooth adapter:
- Switch the Bluetooth headphones to the pairing mode.
- Next, insert the USB-A adapter into the USB- Port on the Nintendo Dock.
- Press the power button till the light changes its color. This process can vary depending on the adapter.
- If the adapter comes with your Bluetooth headphones, then it should get automatically connected once you have plugged in the adapter.
- Once connected, you will see a notification on the screen that the audio mode is active.
How Can You Disconnect or Remove A Paired Bluetooth Device From The Nintendo Switch?
If you want to disconnect your paired Bluetooth headphone from the Nintendo Switch, here is how to do it:
- From the Home menu of the Nintendo Switch, select System Settings.
- Next, select Bluetooth Audio. Select the Bluetooth device’s name from the list of saved devices.
- Now select the Disconnect Device option to disconnect the device.
- If you want to remove the paired Bluetooth device, select the Remove Device option instead. The Bluetooth device should no longer appear in the list of saved devices.
So, that was all on how to connect Bluetooth headphones to Nintendo Switch.
Keep sending us your and game-related issue, and we shall revert soon with solutions.