The speed of the RAM is the rate at which your system’s Memory can read & write data.
Faster RAM speed can improve the performance of your PC, especially for tasks that require a lot of memory usage, such as – video editing, gaming, and rendering.
If you want to know your RAM’s speed, read through this article.
Ways To Check Windows 11 RAM Speed
Here are the quick methods to check Windows 11 RAM speed.
1) View RAM Speed On Windows 11 Using Task Manager
You can easily check Windows 11 RAM speed from Task Manager. Here is how you can check it:
- Right-click on the Windows Taskbar and select Task Manager.
- From the Performance tab, select Memory.
- At the bottom, you will be able to see the Memory speed, the available number of slots, and the slots used.
2) Check RAM Speed on Windows 11 Using Command Prompt
To check the speed of RAM on Windows 11, follow the steps given below:
- Type CMD in the search menu and choose to run Command Prompt as an administrator.
- On the User Account Control window, click on Yes to continue.
- In the elevated CMD window, enter the following command and press Enter.
wmic memorychip get speed
You will see the RAM speed instantly.
3) Use Windows PowerShell To Check The RAM Speed
You can also check RAM speed using Windows PowerShell. All you need to do is execute a command in the Windows PowerShell. Here is how to do so:
- Type Windows PowerShell in the search menu and choose to run it as an administrator.
- Click on Yes in the UAC prompt.
- Next, copy and paste the following command in the Windows PowerShell and press Enter:
Get-WmiObject Win32_PhysicalMemory Speed
- Once you execute the command, PowerShell will show you a list of things. You will find the RAM’s speed next to ‘Speed.’
4) Check RAM Details From The RAM Sticker
The sticker of your RAM shall provide you with every detail on it. You can open the cabinet and check the sticker on the RAM.
But remember that opening the computer cabinet can void its warranty, so be careful while handling that.
Different manufacturers show the speed differently, and the placement can vary.
Like in the picture below, 8 GB is the Memory, and 1600 is the RAM speed.
You can also Google your RAM’s model number to get detailed information about it.
4) Use Third Party Software To Check RAM Speed
You can also use some third-party tools to check the RAM speed, like CPU-Z, MemTest86, UserBenchmark, etc.
These tools provide RAM speeds along with other speed tests for SSD and CPU.
So, you can use one of such tools to check the speed of your RAM.
Frequently Asked Questions [FAQs]
Here are some questions commonly asked by the users of RAM
- Which RAM is the fastest?
DDR5 RAM generally has a larger range of frequency possibilities and is much faster as compared to DDR4.
- Is 2666 MHz RAM good for gaming?
Yes, 2666 MHz RAM is considered to be good for gaming.
- How fast is the modern RAM?
Most modern RAM sticks operate at around 3200 MHz, but you can choose some RAM with much higher clock speeds, like DDR5.
Let us know how the above article helped you to find the RAM speed.
For further information, please ask us in the comments section below.