WhatsApp Polls feature is finally rolling out for everyone after testing it in the Beta version of Android and iOS.
This latest WhatsApp feature allows people to create a poll. Now making decisions and taking people’s opinions has become even easier and more fun!
Previously, the feature worked for only group chats, but the recent updates extend this functionality to individual and group chats.
The people in that specific chat group can react, reply and cast their votes but cannot forward the poll.
This Poll feature is also available for WhatsApp web users.
How To Use The WhatsApp Poll Feature
Here is how you can use the WhatsApp Poll feature:
- First, update your WhatsApp app to enjoy the latest poll feature if you have not updated it recently.
- To do so, visit the Play Store or App Store and search for WhatsApp.
- Tap on the ‘Update’ option. If you do not see the ‘Update’ option and only the ‘Open’ option, your WhatsApp app is already up to date.
- Now, open WhatsApp on your iPhone or Android smartphone.
- Open a group or individual chat where you want to create a poll.
- Tap on the paper clip icon for Android users and the ‘+’ icon for iOS users next to the message box.
- Here you will see the new Poll option.
- Tap on it, and here you will get the option to ask a question. Type your question and then add Options or answers.
- You can add up to 12 options as answers. After adding the question and the answers, tap on the green Send button. This will create your poll.
- The WhatsApp recipients can choose an option or multiple options and tap on them to cast their vote.
Once a vote is a cast, WhatsApp will automatically update the poll. It will update each time a new vote is cast. The same rule applies to one-to-one or group chats.
- The users can see the result of the poll by tapping on the View Votes option.
This will reveal who viewed the poll and who cast the votes.
Both the individual who created the poll and the people who received the poll will be able to View votes.
So, polls are not anonymous and everyone has access to the results of the poll.
- The person who created the poll can also delete the entire poll message whenever they want to.
Like any other message, there will be ‘Delete for me‘ and ‘Delete for everyone’ options.
The receivers can delete the Poll message from their end only.
All the messages in private, as well as group chats, will be end-to-end encrypted.
Can I edit a Poll on WhatsApp?
You cannot edit it once you have created a poll and sent it for voting.
Before posting it for the public, you can tap on the Edit Post option and edit the poll.
We shall keep you updated with any other latest news related to WhatsApp.
For any other queries, feel free to ask us in the comments section provided below.