Valorant error code Van 81 is related to a connectivity issue. When the Valorant servers cannot connect to the network service, you get this error.
In today’s article, I will discuss how to fix this issue. So, keep reading.
How To Fix Valorant Error Code Van 81?
Follow the steps given below and know how to fix VAN 81 Valorant error .
1) Restart The Game
When you are getting Valorant error 81, first exit the game and restart it.
- To do so, right-click on the Windows Search button and select Task Manager from the list.
- Go to the processes tab and find all the Riot Client processes. Right-click on each task and select End task to terminate the process.
- You may also log out of the game and then log back in.
Sometimes a fresh restart can fix minor errors. After restarting the game, if you confront the same error code, then, restart the PC and the router.
2) Restart Your PC And The Router
You can also restart your computer when getting Valorant Van error 81. Rebooting the PC helps to fix temporary glitches and connectivity problems.
So, exit the game and turn off your PC. Disconnect it from the power source. Also, disconnect the router from the device and the power source.
Allow a couple of minutes before connecting everything and restart your PC.
3) Check The Riot Games Server Status
As this Valorant error code is related to connectivity issues so, check the Riot games server status page by clicking here.
If there is any recent server issue, wait for some time till the problem is resolved, and then re-launch your game.
4) Check That The VGC Service Is Running
Check if the VGC service is running or not. When the VGC service stops running, Valorant won’t be able to launch.
To fix the issue, check if the Vanguard service is running and change the Startup type to automatic.
Follow the steps to do so:
- Enter Services in the Windows search box and click on the Services app.
- From the list of all running services, locate VGC and right-click on it. Open its Properties.
- Change the Startup type to Automatic and click on the Start button. Click on the Apply button and restart your device.
After your PC restarts, relaunch Valorant and check if the problem is fixed, else reinstall Vanguard.
5) Reinstall Riot Vanguard
If the above steps did not solve the problem, then reinstall Vanguard.
Follow the steps given below to do so:
- Go to the Windows search bar and enter Control Panel. Select the top option.
- Click on Programs and Features and locate Riot Vanguard from the list of all the installed programs.
- Right-click on Riot Vanguard and click on the Uninstall option.
Complete the process and restart Valorant. Vanguard will get installed automatically. If you again encounter the same error, try reinstalling the game.
6) Reinstall Valorant
After reinstalling Vanguard if you get Valorant error 81 again, reinstall the game.
If there is a problem with the previous installation, then a fresh installation can fix the problem.
To reinstall Valorant, follow the steps given below:
- Open Control Panel and select Programs and Features.
- Scroll down the list of all the installed programs and locate Valorant. Right-click on it and select the Uninstall option.
- Complete the process and reinstall Valorant. You should not get the error after a fresh installation of the game.
7) Contact Riot Support Team
If none of the above methods has helped you get rid of the Valorant error, you can submit a request to Riot Games.
Describe the problem to the Riot Games support team and follow the on-screen instructions to fix it.
Frequently Asked Questions [FAQs]
Here are some questions asked frequently by the users when they encounter Valorant Van 81 error.
- How do I fix the error code VAN on Valorant?
To fix error code Van on Valorant, restart your game, check that VGC service is running, reinstall Vanguard, and reinstall Valorant.
- What is error code VAN in Valorant?
Valorant VAN error code indicates that there is a connectivity problem. When the game servers cannot connect to your network service, you can get these types of errors.
- How do I fix the error code Valorant Van 84?
To fix Valorant error code van 84, restart Valorant, check your internet connection, check that VGC service is running, reinstall Vanguard, and reinstall Valorant.
Hope after performing the above steps, you are not getting the Valorant error anymore.
For further issues, write to us in the comments section below.
Leave a Reply