Underlining text in Google Sheets is an easy and quick way to make it stand out. You can underline text in a single cell, a range of cells, or the entire Google Sheet.
If you want to know how to do it, here is a complete guide. So, read through and perform the steps to underline texts in Google Sheets.
How To Underline In Google Sheets?
In the following methods, we will show you how to underline your text in Google Sheets.
Also read: How to create a folder in Google Docs?
1) How To Underline Text in Google Sheets?
If you want to underline a particular cell or a group of cells in Google Sheets, here is how you can do it:
- Select the cell you want to underline. For this, either double-click on the cell and highlight the rest of the cells you want to select or use Shift + tab keys to select the cells.
- Using a keyboard shortcut, you can quickly underline a particular cell or a range of cells in Google Sheets. For Windows, press the Ctrl + U combination keys. For MacOS, use the Cmd + U keys.
- Or you can click on the Format tab after selecting the cells.
- Then select Text > Underline.
- The text in the particular cell in Google Sheets will be underlined.
Following the same method, you can underline a range of cells or the entire row in Google Sheets.
2) How To Underline Specific Text Within A Cell In Google Sheet?
If you do not want to underline the entire text in a specific cell in Google Sheets, you can underline only the specific text within a cell.
To do that, follow the steps given below:
- Select the particular text you want to underline within a cell in Google Sheets.
- Press Ctrl + U key combinations for Windows and Cmd + U keys for Mac to underline the text you want to underline.
3) How to Underline A Cell In Google Sheets That Is Based On Another Cell Value?
If you want to underline a particular cell that is based on Another sell value in Google Sheets, then here is how you can do it:
- Select the cells to which you want to apply conditional formatting.
- Go to the Format tab. Select the Conditional Formatting option.
- Next, click on Add Another Rule.
- Select the condition you want to apply under Format cells if… option.
- Click on Format > Text > Underline.
- To save the changes, click on Done.
4) How To Add A Bottom Border To A Cell In Google Sheets?
You can also add a bottom border to the cell in Google Sheets.
- Select the specific cell and click the Border button in the toolbar to do this.
- In the Border Styles menu, select the Bottom option. This will put a bottom border to the cell.
- If you want to remove the border, simply select the text, go to the Border section, and click on the Clear Borders option.
5) How to Double Underline in Google Sheets?
You can also double-underline cells in Google Sheets. To do that, follow these steps:
- Select the particular cell and click the Border button in the toolbar.
- In the Border Styles menu, select double underline. This should double underline the cell.
How To Remove Underline in Google Sheets?
Follow the steps given below to know how to remove underlining in Google Sheets:
- Select the particular text you want to remove underline from in Google Sheets.
- Press Ctrl + U key combinations for Windows and Cmd + U keys for Mac to remove underlining.
- Alternatively, go to the Format tab.
- Select Text > Underline, and your text will not be underlined anymore.
Frequently Asked Questions [FAQs]
- How can I bold the text on Google Sheets?
To bold a text in Google Sheets, select the text and press Ctrl + B shortcut key combination to underline a text.
- How can I highlight text in Google Sheets?
T highlight text in Google Sheets, select the text, and click on the Text coo icon from the main toolbar. Select the color you want to highlight your text. Once done, the text should be highlighted in Google Sheets.
- How do I insert an image in Google Sheets?
Place the insertion point in the area to insert an image on Google Sheets. Go to the Insert tab & select a suitable option from the drop-down menu. Then upload the image, and the image should appear in the sheet.
So, that was how to how to underline in Google Sheets. Write to us in case you face any difficulty performing the steps, and we shall revert ASAP with all possible help.