Windows 10 is probably not the best operating system in the PC, but it is definitely one of the most popular ones. Microsoft Windows dominates the PC environment, thanks to the increased focus on regular security updates, and a ton of features targeted to make computing easier.
The action center houses all the notifications in Windows 10. These notifications are accompanied by a notification sound, which does a good job of bringing attention to the prompts that Windows sends. However, if these beeps and chimes bother you as well, here I shall discuss how to turn off Windows 10 system sounds.
How To Turn Off Windows 10 System Sounds?
If the system sounds bother you as well, you can disable Windows 10 notification sounds in many different levels. This is possible thanks to many customizability options that are available with Windows 10. Here I shall show you all the ways to tweak Windows system sounds.
Turn Off Keyboard Sound In Windows 10
This is a very annoying feature for me in any operating system, as the continuous ting sounds tend to irritate me as I type long articles. If this is the case with you as well, you can turn off keyboard sounds in Windows 10.
Here are the steps for how you can turn off keyboard sounds in Windows 10:
- Open the Settings You can use the keyboard shortcut Win + I.
- Click on Devices.
- From the left pane menu, select Typing.
- From the right pane, scroll and locate the Touch keyboard.
- Turn the toggle towards off next to Play key sounds as I type.
Through Registry Editor
- Open a Run dialog by pressing Win + R.
- Type regedit and press Enter to launch the Registry Editor.
- Navigate to the following location by pasting the path in the address bar of the Registry editor:
- Locate and double click on the following DWORD 32-bit entry to modify its value:
- If you do not find this value, create it from the right-click context menu.
- Change the value data to 0 to disable keyboard sounds, or 1 to enable them.
- Restart your device once done.
Turn Off Notification Sounds In Windows 10
Windows 10 expanded the already evolved notification system, and now notifications can be seen sliding out from the action center accompanied by a chime. If you do not like the notification sounds and find them annoying, you can turn off notification sounds without missing important notifications.
- Open the Windows Settings You can use the keyboard shortcut Win + I.
- Click on the System
- From the left pane menu, select Notifications & Actions.
- If you do not wish to receive any notifications at all, turn the toggle towards off under Get notifications from apps and other senders.
- Below this, you will find the option to disable notification from individual apps. Here, select the app that you want to turn off notifications for.
- Turn the toggle towards off under Play a sound when a notification arrives.
You have to turn off the notification sounds for each app individually. This can be tiresome, but this is actually a fine control over personalizing notifications as you can select the app for which you wish to get notifications.
Turn Off System Sounds In Windows 10
You can also turn off the system sounds complete, if you want to have a truly silent system. This also needs to be done from the settings itself.
- Open the Windows Settings
- Select the Personalization
- From the left pane menu, select Themes.
- In the Themes options, locate Sounds in the right pane.
- Under the Sounds tab, click to expand the drop-down box under Sound Scheme.
- Here, select No Sounds from the drop-down menu options.
With the customization options available in Windows 10, turning off notification sounds is also very easy. Tell us in the comments if you found this useful in turning off Windows 10 system sounds.