Hogwarts Legacy is a sprawling Role-playing game that has surpassed the popularity of Fallout 4.
The Game takes advantage of controller features like vibration while casting spells. But some players prefer to continue the Game without trigger effects and controller vibration.
If you want to know how to turn off the trigger effects and controller vibration on Hogwarts Legacy, follow this article.
Turn Off The Trigger Effects And Controller Vibration On Hogwarts Legacy
Follow the simple process below to disable Trigger Effects and controller vibration on Hogwarts Legacy.
1) Tweak Game Settings
You can turn off the controller vibration and trigger effects from the game settings. Follow the steps to do so:
- Open the Game and go to game Settings.
- Select Gameplay Options.
- Turn off the Wireless controller vibration option.
- Apply the settings.
- You can also change the vibration settings from the PS5 controller settings.
- Change the Vibration intensity and Trigger Effect intensity as you like and save the changes.
Is Controller Vibration Harmful?
Vibration on controllers is used to make the computer games feel realistic.
But excessive use of vibrating game console controllers can cause syndrome associated with industrial machinery and pneumatic drills.
The pediatric rheumatoid specialist Gavin Cleary suggested that the console packaging should warn people about the early symptoms of hand-arm vibration syndrome, like tingling pain in the hands.
What To Do If Controller Is Not Working In Hogwarts Legacy?
If your Controller is not working on Hogwarts Legacy, unplug your mouse, keyboard, and any other input devices before connecting the Controller.
Only connect the Controller while running the Game, and it should work without any issues.
If this cannot fix the problem, follow the next two methods.
1) Configure The Controller On Steam For Hogwarts Legacy
To configure the Controller on Steam, follow the steps given below:
- First, open Steam, select the Steam option, and click on Settings.
- Click on Controller and select the General Controller settings option.
- If you have your Controller connected, then it will appear in the Controller detected section.
Check the Controller you use from the options and configure the Controller from the detected section.
- Click on the Controller and select identify. Once the Controller is identified, close Steam and run Hogwarts Legacy from Steam.
2) Enable Steam Input
Steam input allows Steam users to play any controller-supported game with the device of their preference.
Enabling the Steam input can fix the problem when the Controller is not working.
To do so, follow the steps given below:
- Open Steam again and click on Library.
- Right-click on Hogwarts Legacy from the game list and select Properties.
- Click on Controller from the left panel.
- Click on this drop-down menu and select Enable Steam Input.
- Now launch the Game, and it should work now.
3) Change Controller Options
If enabling Steam input did not fix the problem, then change the controller options.
Follow the steps below to do that:
- Open Steam and click on the big picture mode icon.
- Wait for Steam to open in full screen.
- Click on Games and select Hogwarts Legacy from the list.
- Select Manage Game on the left side.
- Click on Controller Options.
- Now, click on the drop-down menu and select Forced On. If Forced On was already selected, then select Forced OFF.
- Try both and see which one works in solving this problem in your case. Click on OK to save the changes.
- Now run the Game.
Frequently Asked Questions [FAQs]
- Where to get Hogwarts Legacy Controller?
The Hogwarts Legacy DualSense controller is only available on PS5. It is available for purchase through PlayStation Direct.
- Why is my Game not responding to my Controller?
Power cycle your Controller when the Game is not responding to your Controller.
Turn off the Controller, wait for a few seconds, and then turn it on.
- Is Hogwarts Legacy best on a Controller or keyboard?
Yes, it is best to use a controller than a keyboard for Hogwarts Legacy. DualSense Edge is compatible with PC and PS5.
Hope the above article could solve the problem when your Controller is not working on Hogwarts Legacy and when you want to turn off the trigger effects and controller vibration.
For any further queries, ask us in the comments section provided below.