“The third party Inf does not contain digital signature”- Have you encountered the error? Your incorrect system configuration or the irregular Windows registry entries can be the cause. But you don’t need to worry at all! We have provided complete details regarding the appearance of the error. Also, you will get to know about the causes and fixes for this error. Hence, scroll now and have the full scoop!
What Is “The Third Party Inf Does Not Contain Digital Signature” Error?
The error has been quite a common one among the Windows OS user. It restricts most of your activities while the error seems to sustains forever. You may face the issue of using an old driver or trying to access a small developer to install a driver.
There are several forms of this error. Look below to know it all.
- “Windows Encountered a Problem Installing the Driver Software For Your Device“
- “Windows found driver software for your device but encountered an error while attempting to install it”
- “The Third-party INF does not Contain Digital Signature information”
Latest Windows operating system contains all its setup information in the.INF file. So, as soon as you move ahead to install a driver on Windows, the operating system asks for a.INF file.
The file carries multi-fold details identifying the necessary changes in the Windows registry. It includes activities like the essential data copy and more. However, you can’t install any driver without a valid digital signature in its.INF file. And undoubtedly, that’s the reason why each driver needs to be signed.
How To Fix “The Third Party Inf Does Not Contain Digital Signature” Error?
Windows being stuck on driver installation restricts you from accessing many essential features. Hence, if you are seeking potential fixes to get rid of the trouble, here we come with some cool hacks.
Solution #1: Choose Official Source for Driver Installation
Are you facing the error during driver update or installation? In this case, you should access the driver to update details from the Official source. Why you get the error?
Well, no installation file other than the official one contains the digital signature. That’s the main reason that leads you to the issue while installing a driver.
Therefore, go ahead and follow the procedure to achieve a positive result:
- Choose the manual option for downloading the updated driver from the manufacturer’s website
- After you download the file, select the install option on your PC
The error “Windows encountered a problem installing the drivers for your device” will not appear again after the completion. If you still get the error to follow our next solution.
Solution #2: Code to Incapacitate Digital Signature Scanning
There is one more effective resolution to fix the error. Disable the signature checking process and discard the issue. How to do it? Look down.
- Shut down all your existing programs and windows operations on your PC
- Choose the Windows button and type “cmd” on the search bar
- As soon as the Command Prompt appears, right-click on it and hit the “Run as administrator” option
- On seeing the Command Prompt window on the screen, copy-paste the following code and hit the Enter key
bcdedit /set loadoptions DDISABLE_INTEGRITY_CHECKS
- After that, there is another code that you have to type in and press Enter:
bcdedit /set testsigning on
Now check if you’re able to install any third party driver that is not signed. If you can then try to install the driver again. “Windows encountered a problem installing the driver software for your device” can’t restrict your pathway anymore.
You can disable the digital signature verification by GUI method. Go through the following steps to do so:
- Go to the Start menu and choose the Power button. Press and hold the Shift button while hitting on Restart
- As soon as your PC reopens, it reflects a few options on the blue screen. From there, you have to choose to Troubleshoot and then Advanced options
- After that, navigate to the Startup Settings and again Restart
- Once your PC restarts again, another set of options will appear on the Windows blue screen
- Now you must focus only on 7 for hitting the “Disable driver signature enforcement” option
- Your PC will restart again. This time your Windows OS will allow you to install the unsigned drivers easily
Further Tips to Avoid Errors
Evidently, you don’t wish to find the same problem reflecting on your screen next time. Thus, you have to understand the concept of a digital signature in a file.
Importance of a Digital Signature File
A digital signature is nothing but an analytical scheme. It enforces the authority of a digital message or document. Most importantly, The digital signature is considered as a digital or electronic copy of certified papers.
Usually, a certificate is proof of a person’s identity. Similarly, digital signature files confirm the eligibility of a file or document.
A self-Designed Certificate & Private Key
You can create a Self-Designed Private Key and Certificate. It will help you in downloading an unsigned driver from a third-party vendor. Try out these simple steps and drive out restrictions of the signature checking.
- Build a C:\DriverCert folder in the core of the system drive
- Navigate to the directory by opening the command prompt
cd C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v7.1\bin
- Choose to build a self-designed private key and certificate that has been issued
- Set the credentials while creating the certificate and note them down safely
- Now build a public key to access a publisher certificate you’ve created earlier
- Combine the private key (.pvk) and public key (.spc) within one certificate unit file
- Finally, choose the Personal Information Exchange (.pfx) format
Follow the step-by-step procedures first. Then try installing the same driver update that restricted your operations. “The third party inf does not contain digital signature” error shouldn’t appear anymore. If you have further query drop a comment below. We will revert within no time.