A problem with the Microsoft Surface Pro is not rare at all. Is your Surface Pro Touch Screen not working? Well, this can be because of a driver error, or there can be a temporary issue that is bothering you. Stick to our guide here and troubleshoot your Surface Pro touchscreen error.
Many users have reported about the problem across different Microsoft Forum. The best thing is we have certain workarounds which can surely fix your issue permanently.
5 Resolutions To Fix Surface Pro Touch Screen Not Working
Let’s start with the most basic troubleshooting step first. As we have said earlier, a temporary conflict can give rise to this error try restarting your PC and fix this.
#Solution 1: Perform a Two Button Shutdown
A two-button shutdown may fix the surface touch screen not working issue for you. Give it a try by following the simple steps here,
- Firstly, Press and hold the Power Button of your Surface Book for a few seconds (around 30 seconds)
- After that, press the Volume up key and power button together for some 15 seconds
- Now, leave the device unused at least 10 odd minutes
- Then, start the device again
Is the touchscreen has started working? Well, it is just a workaround to fix the issue temporarily. If your Windows Surface touch screen not working error comes back, try the other fixes we have.
Have you been skipping the regular update of your Windows Operating system? Or, have you just installed specific Windows Update and after that facing the problem? If one of these two is the case, then we have a different explanation for you.
There can be a bug in your operating system, because of which touch screen not working on Surface Pro error is appearing. Microsoft releases regular updates to fix this type of bug and give you a better experience while using Windows. Check for Windows updates and update your OS accordingly.
#Solution 2: Check For Windows Update
Go through the steps below to update your system,
- At first, open Settings from your PC
- Then, click on Update & Security to open
As the Update and Security window opens, simply click on the Check for updates button.
- Wait until your system scans and installs the Windows Update automatically
- Finally, restart your PC after completion of the update
If in case you are facing this error just after a Windows update then, uninstalling it can also be an option.
#Solution 3: Uninstall Error Causing Windows Update
Follow the steps below and uninstall any recent Windows Update if you are facing the problem just after an update,
- Press the Windows Logo Key + I from your keyboard
- Then, click on the Update & Security tab there
- Now, under the Update & Security window click on the View installed update history button
- Then, locate the Uninstall updates button below the list of updates
- Now, double click on the recent update that you think is causing the Surface Pro Touch Screen not Working error.
- Finally, restart your PC once again and check whether this resolves the issue.
If the problem persists, then there might be an issue with your Surface Pro display driver. Try to update the driver to fix this issue.
#Solution 4: Update The Touch Screen Driver
You might have to face the Windows 10 Touch Screen not working error because of the corrupted or outdated display driver. Usually, your operating system looks for automatic update for the system’s driver software. But there are possibilities that it fails to detect specific updates. Manually updating the touch screen driver is the most fruitful solution for the error. You can update your PC’s display driver by following our guide here,
- At first, press the Windows Logo Key + R to open the Run dialogue box
- Now, type in devmgmt.msc in the run search box and hit the enter button to open the Device Manager
- Then, Locate the Display Driver from the list of the hardware device. Find the option Human Interface Devices and expand
Now, right-click on the HID-compliant touch screen and select Update driver from the list of options
- Finally, follow the simple on-screen instructions and update your touch screen driver
Problem not fixed yet? No need to worry! You are about to get over this annoying problem. Here we have another easy fix for you.
#Solution 5: Calibrate The Touch Screen
Calibrating the touch screen of your Surface Pro is another solution you must try. Follow the steps below,
- At first, press the Windows Key + S from your keyboard
- Type Calibrate in the search box
- From the list of search results select Calibrate the screen for pen or touch input
- Now, choose Reset and Press the Enter button to reset your Surface touch calibration into its factory settings
- Finally, restart the device, and your issue must get resolved
Anyway, Folks! Here we are ending on a good note. Hopefully, with this troubleshooting guide, we have successfully resolved your Surface Pro Touch Screen not Working error. If you face any difficulties to proceed through the steps, let us know here through the comment section. We are right behind your back to help you.