Microsoft Teams is integrated to provide easy access and better collaboration support.
That is why it pops up on the screen whenever you get a message. But you can change the settings and stop Microsoft Teams from popping up messages.
Follow this article to know how to do so.
How To Stop Microsoft Teams Chat Messages From Popping Up?
Follow the methods below when you want to stop Microsoft Teams from popping Up.
1) Set Status To Do Not Disturb In Teams
You can set the Do Not Disturb status in Teams when you do not want to receive any Teams Notifications. Here is how to do so:
- Open Teams and click on your profile icon. The status is mainly set as Available.
- Click on the drop-down menu and select the Do Not Disturb option.
Henceforth, you will not get Teams notifications. Change the status back to available when you want.
2) Turn Off Teams Notifications
- Open Microsoft Teams and click on the three dots menu beside your profile.
- Expand the Settings menu.
- Next, click on the Notifications tab.
- Choose the Custom option.
- Click on the drop-down menu for all the categories from where you do not want to receive notifications.
- Like here, I have selected the Edit button beside Chat.
- Then set the Off option for the Likes and Reactions section.
- Repeat the process for the categories you do not want to receive notifications from.
3) Stop Receiving Teams Channel Notifications
If you own a Teams channel or team, you can turn off the notifications from the channel. To do so, follow the steps given below:
- Open the Teams app and click on your Team.
- Click on the More options and select Channels.
- Click on the three dots beside your channel and open Channel notifications.
- Select the Off option as shown below.
4) Stop Showing Message Preview
You can stop Teams from showing you message previews and sound notifications. To do that, follow the steps given below:
- Open the team’s Notifications tab from Settings.
- Under the Appearance and sound section, turn off the toggle buttons for Show message preview and Play sound for incoming calls and notifications.
Frequently Asked Questions [FAQs]
- How do I turn off Teams notifications when sharing the screen?
Open Teams and click on your profile icon to turn off notifications when sharing the screen in Microsoft Teams. Next, click on the drop-down menu beside your status and select the Do not disturb option.
- How do I stop Teams messages from popping up when presenting?
To stop Teams messages from popping up when presenting, click on the Teams three dots menu beside your profile picture and open Settings.
Go to Notifications > Chat > Edit > Expand drop down menu > Off/ Only in feed on answers.
- How do I disable the pop-ups in the bottom right corner when someone sends something in the meeting chat?
To disable Teams message pop-ups during meeting chat, open Teams Settings > Notifications > Chat > Edit > Show only in feed on answers or Off.
So, perform the steps shown above to stop Microsoft Teams from popping up notifications.
For further details, ask us in the comments section provided below, and we shall revert soon.`