In many cases, users can notice error or warning messages when they open ‘Event Viewer’ on their computer.
It may show ‘The speed of processor 3 in group 0 is being limited by system firmware. The processor has been in this reduced performance state for 71 seconds since the last report.’
There is nothing to get panicked on seeing such warning messages if you know the solution.
Before discussing how to fix it, you must know that this message is commonly caused by Intel(R) SpeedStep Technology.
Since its work is to reduce the processor speed when it is idle, this process helps in reducing power consumption as well as heating.
Also, it increases the processor speed if there is a program requirement for a particular task.
How To Check These Error Messages?
Follow these steps-
- Right click on the Start button
- Select ‘Event Viewer’
It will open the ‘Event Viewer’ window on the main screen.
- Go to ‘Windows Logs’
- Click on ‘System’
On the right panel, you may find multiple Warning and Error messages due to a number of reasons. You need to select them and read the text below.
Some of these messages may include:
- Microsoft Windows Kernel Processor Power – Event ID 37
- The speed of processor 0 in group 0 is being limited by system firmware. The processor has been in this reduced performance state for 71 seconds since the last report.
- The speed of processor 1 in group 0 is being limited by system firmware. The processor has been in this reduced performance state for 71 seconds since the last report.
- The speed of processor 2 in group 0 is being limited by system firmware. The processor has been in this reduced performance state for 71 seconds since the last report.
Let’s find out the solution on how to fix Microsoft Windows Kernel Power error message and other warning messages in the next section-
Method 1: Change Power Settings to 100%
When you are using the latest version Windows, you have the facility to change the power settings to 100% and enhance the performance.
Also, it is a feature in Windows 7/ 8/ 8.1 operating system versions.
Follow these steps-
- Type ‘control panel’ in the search box on the taskbar
- Click on ‘Control Panel’ desktop app
- Select ‘Power Options’ on Control Panel Home
It will open the Power Options window on the main screen
- Click on ‘Change plan settings’
Now, go to ‘Change advanced power settings’.
It will open a dialog box where scroll down to Processor power management and change power settings to 100% in all cases.
- Click on ‘Apply’ and then ‘OK’
It’s done. Reboot the PC and check the ‘Event Viewer’ to verify whether these messages are still present or not.
In most of the cases, it has been noticed that users get satisfactory results. Or else, you need to follow the next solution.
Method 2: Update the System Drivers
At times, outdated system drivers can lead to producing such a warning message. It is then essential to update them on the system hardware.
The main drivers that you must update include Chipset (Motherboard), Intel Rapid Storage Technology and Video Card.
Well, you can also try to update the driver programs online from the official site and check the Event Viewer again before going for installing new computer hardware.
Additional Method: Use BIOS Settings
If you want to disable SpeedStep in Windows 10, you can do it by entering the BIOS settings of the computer.
Remember that any unusual changes could lead to corrupt your Windows operating system. So, you must have a little knowledge of this feature before making any changes.
It is thus asked to consult with a technician and hire him for working on BIOS. Or else, you can also drop a message below.
This is all about the warning message ‘The speed of processor 3 in group 0 is being limited by system firmware’ and how to fix the same.
Hopefully, all your queries have been solved as of now. If you need any further help on anything related to your Windows PC, you can freely comment us below.