With some entertaining apps like Amazon Prime, Netflix, and YouTube, Samsung TV is a one-stop entertainment destination.
But sometimes the apps may stop working. They either crash or not open at all, like when Paramount plus doesn’t work on Samsung TVs.
If you encounter the same problem, then here is a detailed guide to fix the issue and make the apps work again.
Also read: Why Is Samsung TV Not Turning On? [SOLVED]
- 1 What To Do When Samsung TV Apps Not Working?
- 1.1 1) Perform A Soft Reset
- 1.2 2) Check For Software Updates
- 1.3 3) Try Resetting Smart Hub
- 1.4 4) Reinstall The Samsung TV Apps
- 1.5 5) Contact The Samsung Support Team
- 2 Final Words
Why Are None Of My Samsung TV Apps Working?
You can have a problem opening the apps on your Samsung TV due to the following possible reasons:
- Corrupted App Cache
- Incompatible Device to Run The App
- Minor Technical Glitches
- Improper Settings
- Outdated Samsung TV Software
- Slow Internet Speed
What To Do When Samsung TV Apps Not Working?
Follow the methods described below when Samsung TV apps are not opening or working.
1) Perform A Soft Reset
If the apps are not working on your Samsung TV, perform a soft reset. A soft reset can fix the temporary glitches.
There are two ways to perform a soft reset. They are as follows:
A) Soft Reset Without A Samsung TV Remote
- Turn off the Samsung TV.
- Disconnect it from the power socket.
- Wait for a couple of minutes before plugging it back. Turn on the TV.
B) Soft Reset With A Samsung TV Remote
- Press & hold the Power button of the Samsung TV till it is turned off.
- Wait for a few seconds and then turn the Samsung TV on.
After performing a soft reset, check if the Samsung TV apps are opening. If not, then go to the next solution.
2) Check For Software Updates
The manufacturers release regular updates to fix bugs and technical glitches.
Samsung TV apps won’t open if the software is outdated. So, you should always check for updates.
You can update the software using two methods – one from the TV settings and another using any USB flash drive.
Follow the steps described for these two methods.
A) Update Software From Samsung TV Settings
Follow the given steps to check for the recent updates from the TV menu:
- Press the Home, Menu, or Settings button to open Samsung TV Settings depending on your TV model.
- Tap on Support.
- Next, select the Software Update Option.
- From the next window, select Update Now.
B) Update Samsung TV Using A USB Stick
To update software using a UBS stick, you will require a PC and the model number of the Samsung TV.
Now follow the steps given below:
- Note the TV model number from the sticker on the backside of your Samsung TV. You may also find this from Settings > Support > About this TV.
- Next visit Samsung Support.
- Enter the Model number and go to the Manuals & Downloads section.
- Download the Upgrade file on your PC. There can be more than one upgrade file. Select a file as per your operating system.
- Extract the file that you have downloaded.
If it is a zip file then move the contents of the extracted file to the USB stick.
- Go to the location where you have extracted the file and double-click on it. Turn on the Samsung TV and insert the USB stick.
- Open TV Settings and select Support.
- Next, select Software Update and then click on the Update Now button. Select the USB option.
If the downloaded file is in the .exe format, then double click on the file and extract the file to the USB stick.
- Next turn on the Samsung TV.
- Open Settings and select Support.
- Next, select Software Update and then the Update Now option. Select USB.
- Wait till the update is complete and this should fix the problem.
3) Try Resetting Smart Hub
If the Samsung TV apps are still not opening after a software update, then reset the Smart Hub.
While resetting the Smart Hub, you will be signed out of every Samsung TV app.
So, note down the login details to sign in to the apps after the process ends.
- Open Samsung TV Settings.
- Select Support.
- Next, select the Self Diagnosis option.
- Select the last option – Reset Smart Hub.
- Input your Samsung TV PIN. The default PIN of the Samsung TV is 0000.
- If you have saved any other PIN, then input that. In case you have forgotten the PIN, contact Samsung Support for help.
4) Reinstall The Samsung TV Apps
If the above steps did not help and you still cannot open the Samsung TV apps, then reinstall the apps.
But before you proceed, make sure you have the login details of the apps as you will get signed out after uninstalling them.
- Select Apps.
- Select the gear icon or Settings.
- Find the particular app you are having an issue with. Then delete it.
- Now, press Return from the Samsung TV remote.
- Select Search and input the name of the particular app you want to reinstall.
- Select the Install option and wait till the installation process gets completed.
5) Contact The Samsung Support Team
If nothing helps in fixing the problem with the Samsung TV apps, then contact Samsung Support Team.
Here you will get help and answers to the Samsung TV-related problems.
Follow the on-screen instructions and get help from the Samsung Support Team.
Also read: Fix: Samsung TV Screen Black Issue [Solved]
Let us know if the above article was helpful to you. For any other tech-related issues, contact us in the comments section provided below.