If you have received a Nintendo gift card, here is how to redeem the eShop card code. The cardholder can redeem the eShop Code for the games listed on the front of the card.
If you cannot figure out how to redeem your Nintendo eShop card, here is a complete step-by-step guide for you.
Also read: How to play Nintendo Switch Games Offline?
How To Redeem Nintendo eShop Card on Nintendo Switch?
To redeem a code on Nintendo Switch to download a game, follow these instructions:
- Check the receipt or card for the Nintendo Switch codes.
- You need a Nintendo account and a stable internet connection to access Nintendo’s Switch eShop. Make sure you have these and then proceed.
- Go to Nintendo eShop from the HOME Menu of your Nintendo Switch. This will launch the Nintendo eShop.
- Select the account from where you want to redeem the Code on Nintendo Switch.
- Now select Enter Code on the left side of the screen.
- The download code should be of 16-character. So, enter it properly.
- Some retailer cards for Nintendo Switch software will include a Control Number and a Download Code.
- Ensure to enter the right Download Code, generally beginning with B and no hyphens, and not the Control Number that usually begins with an S & has hyphens.
- Any letter or symbol that is not used with the prepaid codes will get disabled from the on-screen keyboard.
- Next, select OK to confirm the number. Once the Code is confirmed, the game will begin to download.
- You can check the game download status from the Nintendo Switch’s HOME menu, where you will find the game icon with the game downloading status bar. The download status bar will disappear once the game download is complete.
How To Redeem Nintendo Switch Online Codes?
To access Nintendo Switch codes online, you need a Nintendo account, and you should have accessed the eShop on Switch with your Nintendo account for at least one time.
Now follow these steps to redeem the eShop Code online:
- Visit nintendo.com/redeem from a web browser.
- Now sign in with your Nintendo email address and password.
- You may need to sign in again. Once you sign in, check the user name and ensure you have signed in with the proper Nintendo account.
- Enter the 16-digit Nintendo download code and select the Next option.
- Re-enter the Nintendo account password if prompted. Then select Redeem to finish the process.
- You will receive a confirmation email to your registered Nintendo account once the process completes.
Frequently Asked Questions [FAQs]
Here are some of the questions commonly asked by Nintendo users who want to redeem gift codes:
- Can you use the eShop gift card online?
No, Nintendo eShop cards can only be used on the Nintendo eShop for game or in-game purchases.
- Are the eShop games free?
Nintendo offers many free-to-play games. So, you can download and start playing those games without spending anything.
- Can I use eShop cards on the store?
You can only use Nintendo’s eShop cards only on Nintendo’s eShop. You cannot use it outside the Nintendo Store.
So, that was how to redeem Nintendo’s eShop card. If you have further game-related queries, ask us and we shall soon turn up with appropriate answers.