While running the NVIDIA installer on your Windows PC, you may encounter NVIDIA GeForce Experience Failed to install error.
Now if the NVIDIA installer fails, the components of the NVIDIA GeForce Experience will also not get installed on your system.
To fix the problem, follow this article. Here I have explained what to do when you get into such situations.
- 1 What To Do When NVIDIA GeForce Experience Failed To Install?
- 1.1 1) Delete All The Residual Files Of NVIDIA
- 1.2 2) Delete NVIDIA Registry Keys
- 1.3 3) Update Windows
- 1.4 4) Make Sure There Is Enough Space In Your Hard Drive
- 1.5 5) Close The Processes Running In The Background
- 1.6 6) Restart and Reset The Graphics Drivers Manually
- 1.7 7) Disable Your Firewall Or Antivirus Program Temporarily
- 1.8 8) Run An Antivirus Program
- 2 Closing Up
What To Do When NVIDIA GeForce Experience Failed To Install?
Now, follow the methods discussed below and perform the steps when NVIDIA GeForce Experience failed to install and solve the problem.
1) Delete All The Residual Files Of NVIDIA
Before reinstallation of NVIDIA GeForce, you should clean the residual files from the directory.
- To do so, double click on This PC and go to the directory where GeForce was previously installed from your Program Files.
- Right-click on NVIDIA files and choose the Delete option.
- Next press the Windows + R keys to open the Run utility. Enter %appdata% in the command box and press Enter.
- Right-click on the NVIDIA files one by one and select the Delete option.
2) Delete NVIDIA Registry Keys
After deleting the residual NVIDIA file from the drive, delete the NVIDIA registry keys from the Registry Editor.
But before you modify Registry Editor, back it up. To back up your registry follows the steps given below:
- Open Run Utility and enter regedit in the command box and press the Enter button.
- This will open Registry Editor. Next click on the File tab and select Export as shown below.
- Check the All radio button in the Export range. You can specify the path of each key to save them.
- Name your backup and browse to the location you want to save the backup keys. Then click on Save.
- Wait till the backup process finishes. Now check if the .reg file is created in the location where you have saved the registry keys.
- For restoring the keys, just double-click on the .reg file. You may also right-click on it and then click on the Merge option.
Now follow the steps to delete residual registry keys from the Registry Editor:
- Open Registry Editor and navigate to the following paths:
- For each location, go to the right pane and right-click on the Logging registry key.
- From the context menu, click on the Delete option. Close the window and restart your machine.
3) Update Windows
NVIDIA may have compatibility issues with the version of Windows you are using.
So, update your Windows to the latest version when the GeForce NVIDIA installer fails.
To update Windows follow the steps given below:
- Press Windows + I keys to open Windows Settings. Click on Update & Security option.
- Next select Windows Update from the left side pane and then click on Check for Updates option.
- Finish the installation process and then restart your PC.
4) Make Sure There Is Enough Space In Your Hard Drive
If your hard drive is full, then also you will not be able to install NVIDIA GeForce Experience.
If the drive is full then you will not be able to extract the NVIDIA setup pack.
So, you can uninstall some unnecessary programs following the steps given below:
- Enter Control Panel in the Windows Start menu and select the topmost option.
- Choose the Programs and Features option. Click on Uninstall a program option.
- Right-click on an unnecessary program and select the Uninstall option. Follow the on-screen prompts to finish the process.
Besides, you can also clear the cache and save some of the Disk space.
5) Close The Processes Running In The Background
The programs running in the background can interfere with the installation procedure of your GeForce Experience.
So, close all the unnecessary background programs and then try to reinstall GeForce Experience.
To close the programs, follow the steps given below:
- Right-click on the Taskbar and select Task Manager.
- Go to the Processes Tab, right-click on each program and select the End task option as shown below.
- Now initiate the installation process again and if this does not help, then go to the next solution.
6) Restart and Reset The Graphics Drivers Manually
If NVIDIA GeForce Experience driver installation has failed, then reset the graphics drivers.
This will allow Windows to complete the downloading tasks properly. After that, you can manually reset your graphics drivers.
You can visit here to see the step-by-step guide on how to reset your graphics drivers.
7) Disable Your Firewall Or Antivirus Program Temporarily
Sometimes the Firewall protection or antivirus program, you are using, can prevent the installation process.
So, disable your firewall or antivirus program for the time being and after this, you should be able to install NVIDIA GeForce Experience.
Here I am showing you how to disable Windows Defender Firewall. Follow the steps given below:
- Enter Windows Defender Firewall in the Windows search box and select the top option.
- Click on the Turn Windows Defender Firewall on or off option as I have shown in the picture.
- Check the buttons for Turn off Windows Defender Firewall (not recommended) for both Private and Public network settings.
Now this will disable Windows Defender Firewall.
If you are using any third-party antivirus program, then disable that and then begin the installation process.
8) Run An Antivirus Program
Sometimes viruses and malware can also affect your system and interfere with the installation process.
So, run the antivirus program you are using.
- To do so, open your antivirus program. Click on the Scan button.
- You may select Quick Scan or Full scan to scan your system for the virus.
- Wait till the process finishes and this should fix the problem.
Send us feedback if the above methods have helped you when NVIDIA GeForce Experience Failed to install.
For more tech-related issues, keep sending us your queries in the comments section and we will revert as soon as possible.