NVIDIA Control Panel helps to control all the graphics settings and other NVIDIA utilities.
But sometimes you may have issues opening NVIDIA Control Panel.
If you are having the same problem, then go through this article to know the solutions to fix the problem.
Also read: NVIDIA Control Panel Keeps Crashing On Windows – How To Fix?
What To Do If NVIDIA Control Panel Is Not Opening?
Follow the methods described below when NVIDIA Control Panel is not open and the solutions to fix the problem.
1) Restart NVIDIA Control Panel
When you cannot open the NVIDIA Control Panel, restart the Control Panel application.
To quit the task entirely and start afresh, follow the steps given below:
- Right-click on the Windows Start Menu and select Task Manager.
- From the Process tab, find Nvidia Control Panel Application and right-click on it.
- Click on the End Task option.
- Wait for some time and then again try to open the NVIDIA Control Panel. If you still cannot open it, restart the NVIDIA service.
2) Restart The NVIDIA Services
NVidia requires some necessary services to function properly. For this purpose, NVIDIA installs these services onto your system.
Nvidia Control Panel won’t open if the required services stop. So, restart those services following the steps given below, and this can fix the problem:
- Launch the Run utility by pressing Windows + R keys.
- Type services.msc in the Run command box and hit Enter. This will open the services window.
- Scroll down the services list and look for Nvidia display Container LS Service. Once you find it, right-click on it.
- Select Restart from the context menu to restart the service.
- If the service is already running, click the Stop button and start it again.
- Repeat the same procedure for:
NVIDIA LocalSystem Container
NVIDIA NetworkService Container
NVIDIA Telemetry Container.
Once done, try to open the NVIDIA Control panel. If it does not open, end the NVIDIA Display container process.
3) Terminate NVIDIA Display Container Process
NVIDIA display container process may also be responsible for the problem.
So, try to end the task using Task manager and then open NVIDIA control panel:
- Open Task Manager and search for the NVIDIA display container process.
- Right-click on it and select the End task option.
- Wait for a while, and then try to open the NVIDIA Control Panel again.
Now check if the NVIDIA control panel is opening now. If not, update the NVIDIA graphics drivers.
4) Update Nvidia Graphics Drivers
Outdated graphics drivers can also be the reason why you cannot open the NVIDIA Control Panel.
To avoid such issues, you should always keep your device drivers updated.
So, update the NVIDIA graphics drivers following the steps given below and then try to open the Control Panel:
- Type NVIDIA GeForce Experience in the Windows search box and select the top option.
- After the app opens, click on the Driver’s tab.
- Click on the Check for updates option. If there is any available update, install it.
- Wait till the drivers get installed. Once done, restart your PC. You can also follow this guide to update NVIDIA graphics drivers.
Sometimes you may have a problem with NVIDIA high-definition audio-driver issues immediately after installing the drivers. If you confront such problems after the above-mentioned steps, solve them first and then proceed further.
This should fix the problem. If the problem persists, disable fast startup.
5) Disable Fast Startup Feature
Windows’ fast startup feature helps to boot faster, but sometimes it can interfere with the shutdown or restart processes.
Because of this, you may be unable to open the NVIDIA Control Panel.
So, disable fast startup and then open NVIDIA Control Panel.
Follow the process given below to disable fast startup:
- Open the Run command box.
- Type powercfg.cpl in the command box and hit Enter.
- Click on Choose what the power button does option.
- Then click on the Change settings that are currently available option.
- Now, uncheck the checkbox for Turn on the Fast Startup (Recommended) option.
- Save the changes made and exit the window.
- Restart your computer. Once your PC restarts, try to open the NVIDIA Control Panel.
Frequently Asked Questions [FAQs]
1. What is the shortcut to open the NVIDIA menu?
For some PCs, Alt + Z is the shortcut key combination for NVIDIA GeForce Experience.
2. Why is the NVIDIA control panel not showing up?
Due to Windows updates, outdated NVIDIA graphics drivers NVIDIA Control Panel may not show up.
3. How do I restore NVIDIA Control Panel?
To restore NVIDIA Control Panel, right-click on your desktop and select NVIDIA Control Panel.
Click on Manage 3D Settings. From the upper right corner, click on the Restore Defaults option.
Send us feedback on which of the above methods helped you to fix the problem when the NVIDIA Control Panel is not working.
For further queries, ask us in the comments section provided below.
Leave a Reply