While trying to play an online video on a web browser, “Error loading player: No playable sources found” is one of the common errors that users face.
Here we have given a detailed solution guide on how to fix this error, so keep reading.
How To Fix ‘Error Loading: No Playable Sources Found’
Follow the solutions provided below to easily solve this error.
1. Update The Browser
Outdated browsers can fail to run videos, so updating your browser with the latest one can solve the error.
Follow the steps to do so:
If you are using Google Chrome then follow this method to update your browser:
- Launch Chrome Browser.
- Click on the three dots located in the top-right corner of your screen. Next select the Help option.
- Select the About Google Chrome option, and Chrome will automatically check for updates and install them.
Restart Chrome after the update completes.
- Open your Mozilla Firefox browser.
- Click on the hamburger menu button, select Help, and then click on the About Firefox option.
- Check for updates and wait for Firefox to automatically download and install them.
Note: If there is no update available, both browsers will notify you that there is no update available and the browser is up-to-date.
Now after re-launching the browser, if the error persists, then go to the next solution.
2.Restart The Browser
Sometimes simply restarting the browser by closing all its background running processes can fix this error.
So force close the browser and reopen it. Often this simple trick can fix the problem.
Here’s how to do so:
- Press Ctrl + Shift + Esc to open the Task Manager.
- Now from the Processes tab, right-click the browser you are using and then select the End Task option.
- Now restart the browser from your desktop or Start menu.
If you again find content issue no playable video source found error, then move on to our next solution.
3. Clear The Browser Cache
This error can also appear due to corruption in the cache. Try clearing the cache in your browser and see if it fixes the issue.
Follow the steps to clear cache from Chrome:
- Open Google Chrome and click on the three-dot menu.
- Click More Tools from the menu, then on Clear Browsing Data from the side menu.
- Set a Time Range to All Time and check the boxes next to Cookies and other site data, as well as Cached images and files.
- Finally, select Clear Data.
- Open Firefox.
- Press Ctrl + Shift + Delete keys to open the Clear Recent History prompt.
- Check the Cookies and Cache boxes in the prompt.
- Change the Time range to clear menu to Everything.
- Click on the OK to clear it.
Launch Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome to see if the browsers are able play the videos without encountering the no playable video sources found error.
4. Reset The Browser
If the above solutions don’t work for you, try resetting your browser.
To reset your browser, follow the steps below:
- Open the Google Chrome and click on the menu button.
- Select Settings and then click on
- Click on Reset and Cleanup option.
- Now select the Reset Settings to their original defaults option.
- Finally click on Reset Settings, to reset the Google Chrome browser.
- Open your Mozilla Firefox browser.
- Click on the menu button, select Help, and then select Troubleshoot Mode.
- Click on Restart button on the next pop-up window.
Frequently Asked Questions [FAQs]
- What does no sources available for this video mean?
If you are getting the no sources available for this video error, then it means that the video source was not found by the app or the browser you are playing it on. This can happen if your network connectivity is unstable or slow, if the network cache has become corrupted, if the browser cache has become corrupted or if your browser doesn’t support the website or unable to load it.
- Why is Flash not working on Chrome?
Flash is not working on Chrome as Adobe has ended support for the Flash Player plugin and no flash content will any longer play in any version of Chrome.
- How do I solve no source error?
You can solve the no source error by updating the browser, clearing the browser cache, resetting the browser settings or reinstalling the browser. Here we have shown how you can do it.
So, there you have it. Now you know how to fix the no valid sources are available for this video error.
If you still have any queries regarding this matter, ask us in the comments section below.