Netflix is a streaming service that allows you to watch your favorite TV shows, movies and more with convenience like never before. Netflix is one of the best online media service providers and charges a nominal fee to experience unlimited ad-free viewing of the contents.
Although you can enjoy flawless service most of the time, some users already reported issues while watching movies or TV shows. You may have no sound on Netflix while streaming your favorite shows. This issue is generally due to the content problem or speaker connection error.
But there might be some other problems which make you unable to obtain sound while playing movies or series on Netflix web or app. The probable causes are listed below, so comb through the solutions to find a fix that works for you.
- 1 Reasons Why You Have No Sound On Netflix!
- 1.1 How To Resolve No Sound On Netflix Error?
- 2 Conclusion
Reasons Why You Have No Sound On Netflix!
According to user reports, you may have no sound issue on Netflix because of the following factors:
- Your sound driver is outdated or corrupted.
- The amount of free memory required for Netflix is unavailable or being used by browser tabs.
- Your audio setup is not supported, or the settings are not configured properly to play the audio on Netflix.
If you are one of the sufferers of Netflix no sound issue, you should follow the fixes provided below to resolve the issue quite easily.
How To Resolve No Sound On Netflix Error?
You already know the possible reasons why you may have Netflix sound problems. Follow these solutions accordingly to know which one works for you.
Solution 1: Close All The Unused Browser Tabs
Netflix needs a certain amount of free memory to run smoothly. When some browser tabs are opened but not in use, Netflix doesn’t get that required amount of memory and it will cause Netflix sound problems.
In order to fix this issue, you need to close all unused tabs on your browser. Open the Netflix web or app after being ensured that there are no unused browser tabs opened and check if the problem continues.
In case the problem still appears, try the next solutions.
Solution 2: Reinstall Or Update Audio Drivers
If you are having no sound on Netflix, it might be that your sound driver is outdated or corrupted. You should try reinstalling the sound driver before you open Netflix and check if the problem is fixed. To reinstall the driver on Windows 10, follow the steps as mentioned below:
- Press the Win + R button and type devmgmt.msc in the provided search box.
- Click on the OK button and the Device Manager window will open.
- Go to the Sound, Video and Game controller option and click on the drop-down arrow next to it.
- From the drop-down menu, select your sound driver and right-click on it.
- Select the Uninstall Device option to uninstall the driver from your computer.
- Check the Delete device driver option before uninstalling and finally click on the Uninstall button.
- After the driver is successfully uninstalled from your system, restart your computer and the generic device driver will be installed automatically from the Microsoft server when you connect to the internet.
After a fresh installation of the audio driver, open Netflix and check if the sound is now audible.
If you want to know more about installing a device driver or need to update the latest device driver, click on how to update your device drivers easily using the device manager.
Solution 3: Check For System Updates
If the Netflix sound issue still appears, you should check for any pending system update for Windows. If there is any system update available, try updating your Windows to see if it fixes the issue for you. Perform a system update by following these steps provided below:
- Press the Win + I key from keyboard and the Windows Settings will appear.
- Click on the Update and Security option.
- Now click on the Check for update button to search for any available update automatically.
- If any pending update found, Windows will notify you to install it.
- Click on the Update option to Install the update.
- After the update completes, restart your computer and open Netflix to check if the error is resolved.
Following these steps, you might have resolved the Netflix sound problems easily.
If the problem is not resolved yet, there are some other ways you can try to have it fixed.
Solution 4: Adjust The Audio Settings In Netflix
There are few audio settings you should check or try changing when you have no sound in Netflix. Look at the changes below to find out how you should adjust it.
- Open Netflix and play what you want to watch.
- While playing, click on the Dialog icon.
- If you find that the surround sound 5.1 is selected, change it to anything other than the 5.1 sound option.
- Now relaunch Netflix and check if the problem is resolved.
No sound on Netflix might appear if some Audio settings need to be changed. Keep on reading if the above solutions didn’t work for you.
Solution 5: Change The Sound Quality To Studio
If you get the Netflix sound not working, You should try changing the sound quality to Studio. To change the sound quality, follow the steps below:
- Go to the lower right corner of your screen and right-click on the speaker icon.
- Click on the Sounds option.
- Now from the Playback tab, select your playback device and double click on it.
- On the next window, Go to the Advanced tab and select the default format as 2 channels, 24-bit, 192000 Hz (Studio Quality) option.
- Click on the OK button to save the settings.
Try playing something on Netflix to see if the no sound problem is resolved.
Solution 6: Change The Audio Output To HDMI
You should switch the audio output to HDMI if it doesn’t change to HDMI automatically. Follow the steps below to do so:
- Click on the Start icon and type Control Panel.
- Find the Control Panel app from the search results and click on it.
- Now select the Hardware and Sound option.
- Go to Sound option and click on the Manage audio devices option.
- In the next window, select the HDMI device or Digital audio and click on the option Set Default.
- Click on the OK button to save the settings and Exit.
Now open the Netflix and check whether your Netflix sound is working now.
Now you know why you got no sound on Netflix and what are the ways to fix Netflix sound problems easily. If you found this article helpful, let us know by commenting below. If you have any query related to Netflix sound not working, feel free to ask here.