With each new update, Google Chrome introduces some new features every now and then. now Google Chrome has a built-in password manager, where users can save and fill out passwords for the different websites t visit. Here, I shall discuss how to manage Google passwords in Chrome.
Enable Save Password Prompt
To use the built-in password manager in Google Chrome you need to first enable the password manager. this is done through the passwords menu, and you need to follow these steps for the same:
- Open Google Chrome on your computer.
- In the address bar, type the following and press enter:
- Here, make sure that the toggle next to offer to save passwords is turned towards on.
Now when you visit a website where you need to safe your login credentials, Chrome will offer a prompt ask if you want to save the login credentials. if you choose to save the password, your username and password will be added to your Google account, and you can use them to sign in to the website automatically from any device.
If you click on Never, the site will be added to the ‘Never Saved’ list, and you will have to enter the login credential every time you visit the website.
Manage Google Passwords In Chrome
In Google Chrome, you can view the saved passwords, export the passwords to a CSV file, add remove any saved passwords from the browser altogether. Let us take a deeper look into how you can perform each of these actions in password settings in Chrome.
How To View Saved Passwords?
to see the complete list of login credentials saved to your Google account on Chrome, follow the steps mentioned below.
- Open Google Chrome and click on your user icon.
- In the context menu that it reveals, click on the key icon.
This is the Passwords menu.
- Click on the Google Account hyperlink under Auto Sign-in section. This will take you to your password manager.
- Here, you will find the list of all the websites that you have logged into. Click on any website to view the login user id and password.
Note: You may have to log into your Google account to verify your identity.
Click on the eye shaped icon to view your password in text format.
How To Export Saved Passwords To CSV File?
if you want all your saved passwords in a tabulated form to access outside Google Chrome, you can now directly export your saved password to ah CSV file. this is a handy new addition welcomed by many users, do not use a 3rd party password manager.
To export your saved passwords, follow these steps:
- Open the password manager as shown in the steps above.
- Here click on the gear icon do open the password settings chrome page.
- Next, locate and click on the button next to Export
- Choose a desirable location and save the csv file locally for further use.
How To Remove Saved Passwords From Your Google Account?
if you no longer want a saved password on your Google account, you can delete the login credentials that are saved on your Google password page. to delete a saved password from your Google account, open the password manager, and click on the website that you want to delete. Finally, click on the delete button to remove the saved password from your account.
If you want to remove all the entries from your password manager, you will have to delete all the cache and cookies saved on your device locally. check out this article where we discuss clearing cache from web browsers in detail.
So, there you have it. now you know how to manage Google passwords using the simple guide provided above. comment below if you found this useful, and to discuss further the same.