You can send text messages to those who have an iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or a Mac using the iMessage app.
iMessage uses cellular or Wi-Fi data to transfer texts, photos, videos, and other info.
But sometimes users cannot send the messages and get “Cannot Send Message iMessage needs to be enabled to send this message” error.
So, re-enable iMessage following the methods below.
Solution For iMessage Needs To Be Enabled To Send This Message Error
1. Restart Your iPhone
Restarting your device may improve many temporary issues. So, perform a restart before trying anything else.
- Hold the Power button until the Slide To Power Off slider pops-up, and slide it to turn-off the device.
- 1-2 minutes after it turns off, hold the Power button again to turn it on.
2. Enable iMessage Option
After a restart if you are still getting the error message, then check if iMessage needs to be enabled on your device.
Follow these steps to check how to enable iMessage:
- Open your Device and select the Settings option.
- From the list, select Messages.
- Now use the toggle to switch on the iMessage option.
If the option is already enabled, then first disable it and then enable it again.
3. Use A Separate ID
If you log-in to multiple devices with one ID, then I would suggest you to use a separate one this time.
Now follow the given steps:
- Enable the iMessage option by following the first solution.
- If you are signing in for the first time, then create a unique Apple ID and password to sign-in.
- If you have signed in before and want to use that particular Apple ID, then put that ID and Password to Sign-in.
4. Check The Server Status
There might be a chance that the Apple server is down and so you are facing cannot send message, iMessage needs to be enabled error.
Wait for sometime, or you can check the status by going to Apple System Status.
Find the message option. If the signal is green, then the server is fine and the issue is related with your iPhone.
Go to the next solution to resolve the issue.
5. Reset Your Network Settings
Because of a network issue, users may receive the iMessage error when sending messages.
So, follow the steps to know how to reset your network:
- Go to the device Settings and select the General option from the list.
- Select the Reset Network Settings option.
6. Reset iMessage Settings
If the above-mentioned solutions doesn’t work then follow the steps below to do so:
- Go to the Settings menu and select the Message option.
- Choose Send and Receive.
- In the section You Can Be Reached By iMessage At, uncheck the email address and phone number. Sign out finally from your existing Apple ID.
- Restart the device and then activate iMessage from the Settings tab (follow the solution 2).
- Sign in to your Apple ID.
7. Factory Reset
If nothing helps, reset your phone settings to default.
Here are the steps but before proceeding you must backup you’re all your important data:
- Navigate to the Settings menu from your device and select the General option.
- Choose Reset and then finally Erase All Content and Settings.
Now you know how to fix the iMessage needs to be enabled to send this message error. If you still have queries, ask us in the comments section.