Microsoft Teams is a popular collaboration to keep your Team connected, organized, and informed.
But sometimes, you may want to leave a Team or organization but don’t know how to do it.
Here is a complete guideline for leaving a team on Microsoft Teams.
Also read: How To Stop Microsoft Teams From Popping Up?
How To Leave A Team On Microsoft Teams App?
Team members cannot leave a Team that is big or registered as an organization. The admins of the Teams have to remove the team member.
One can leave the Team only if they have created the Team and is the Team’s admin or if the Team is small in size.
Now see how to leave a team on Microsoft Teams or remove a member from a Team.
Steps For Desktop
You can leave a team yourself on Microsoft Teams only if you are the admin of the Team or if the Team is small and not an organization.
If you are not a team admin, the Team admin will have to remove you from a Team.
Here is how to leave a team on Microsoft Teams app:
- Open Microsoft Teams and click on the Teams option.
- Choose the Team which you want to leave.
- Click on it. Hover the cursor over the three dots menu. Expand More Options.
- Choose the Leave the team option as shown below.
After you leave the Team, you will receive a confirmation message. Click on Leave the team option to confirm.
Steps For Androids
If you are an Android user, you can leave a team following the ways given below:
- Tap on the Teams option from your Teams app.
- Choose More options button for the team you want to leave.
- Then tap on the Leave team option, as shown in the picture.
- You will be asked for a confirmation. So, confirm that you want to leave the Team by tapping on the OK button.
How To Remove Someone From A Teams Meeting?
If you are the admin of a Team, then you can remove a member following the steps given below:
- Click on the Teams option from the left pane.
- Hover the cursor over the three dots menu beside your Team.
- Click on the More options.
- Expand the menu and click on the Manage team option.
- Click on members and guests from the left panel.
- You will see an X sign beside the members. Click on the X sign beside the member you want to remove.
Frequently Asked Questions [FAQs]
1. Why Can’t I Leave A Team In Microsoft Teams?
You won’t be able to leave a team in Microsoft Teams yourself if you are not the admin of the group and it is a big team.
2. How do you leave a Team in Teams 2022?
To leave a team in Teams, click on the Teams option > select the particular Team> open More options > select Leave the team option.
3. Can you leave Teams to chat without anyone knowing?
No, all the members of will get notified when you leave the team.
A notification is sent to the members when they leave a team on their own.
So, go through the methods described above to leave a team in Microsoft Teams. Don’t forget to send us your feedback in the comments section below.