Honkai Star Rail has become quite a popular game after its release. However, with higher player counts, the game also has a lot of bugs and issues.
There have been frequent reports about the game not launching, crashing, freezing, or showing black screens. Here we have addressed the issues and given solutions for them.
Why Is My Honkai Star Rail Not Launching, Crashing, Or Showing Black Screen?
You can have issues while launching Honkai: Star Rail due to the following reasons:
- Your PC does not meet the minimum requirements for the game
- Firewall and antivirus interference
- The Windows version is outdated and not compatible with the game
- Outdated graphic drivers
- App interference
- Bad installation file
How Can I Fix Honkai Star Rail Not Launching, Crashing, Freezing & Loading, and Black Screen Issue On PC?
To fix Honkai: Star Rail launching issues, follow the methods given below and perform the steps as instructed.
1) Check The Minimum Requirements For Honkai Star Rail
When Honkai Star Rail is not launching or the game is freezing, first of all, make sure that your PC meets the minimum requirements required for the game.
If the PC doesn’t match the minimum requirements for the game, then Honkai Star Rail will not run on your computer.
To check the minimum requirement, open the game page in Epic Game launcher. Now scroll down to the game requirements.
Check if your system meets the bare minimum requirements to run the game. If it meets the same, add the game to the list of Firewall or antivirus.
2) Add Honkai Star Rail To Firewall And Antivirus Exclusion List
Firewall or the antivirus program you are using can prevent Honkai Star ail from launching.
As a result, the game crashes while loading and shows a black screen.
So, add the game to the antivirus exclusion list on your PC.
Here is how to add the game to the Windows Defender:
- Type Windows Security in the Windows search menu & hit Enter.
- Select Virus and threat protection.
- Scroll down & click on Manage Ransomware Protection.
- Next, click on Allow an app through controlled folder access and confirm by clicking on the Yes button.
- Click on Add an allowed app option.
- Select Browse All Apps.
- Browse to the Honkai Star Rail installation folder & click on the exe file.
- If you don’t know where the game installation folder is, open the game launcher & select the hamburger icon next to Play.
- Select the installation location, and here you will find the game’s installation folder.
- Now navigate to the installation folder using the selected path in the controlled folder access.
3) Troubleshoot The Graphics Drivers
You should always update your graphic drivers to get a better gaming experience.
Outdated graphics drivers can freeze or crash the game while loading.
So, update the graphics drivers following these steps:
- Right Click on the Windows Search button & choose Device Manager.
- Go to the Display Adapters section and then expand it.
- Right-click on your Graphics driver and click on the Update Driver option.
- Select the Search Automatically for Drivers option & follow the instructions provided onscreen to download & install the latest driver.
- If you have a Nvidia graphics card, use the GeForce Experience to update the graphics drivers.
- Install it from Nvidia’s official website if you don’t have it.
- Next, run the app and go to the drivers section.
- Look for any available updates there. If you find it, install it.
- For AMD graphics card users, follow the same process to update the drivers but you will have to use the Radeon software instead of GeForce Experience.
- Once you have updated the graphics drivers, give a fresh restart to your PC. Now try to launch Honkai Star Rail, and if it crashes again, reinstall the graphics drivers.
To do that, follow as instructed below:
- Expand the Display Adapters section inside the device manager.
- Right-click on the Graphics driver & click on Uninstall Device option.
- After uninstalling the graphics drivers, install them.
- Get and run the Radeon app on your PC for the AMD graphics driver.
- Similarly, for NVIDIA graphics drivers, install the GeForce Experience and run it.
- It will automatically detect the missing graphics drivers and download & install them. Once done, restart your PC.
Then run the app and check for the latest updates. If any update is available, get it downloaded & installed.
4) Update Windows
An outdated Windows version can be responsible for game crashing or loading issues. So, make sure your Windows is up to date.
Updating Windows to the latest version ensures thst your system runs with the latest security & performance enhancements.
Follow the instructions below to update Windows to the latest version:
- Use the search menu to open Windows Settings.
- Click on the Update and Security option & select Check for Updates.
- If any updates are available, install it and wait till the installation is completed.
Once you have updated your OS, launch Honkai Star Rail. If it freezes or shows a black screen, closes the unnecessary apps running in the background.
5) Close Unnecessary Services Running In The Background
The apps & programs running in the background can interfere with the game & prevent it from launching. These apps consume the resources required for the game to launch. As a result, you cannot load the game.
Closing unnecessary apps can resolve issues related to the game’s performance.
Follow the steps to close the unnecessary apps:
- Right-click on the Taskbar & select Task Manager.
- Go to the processes tab, and check the unnecessary processes running.
- Right-click on each process you want to close and select the End task option.
Before playing games, You should close programs like Google Chrome, GeForce Experience, Discord, and Nvidia Shadow Play.
6) Install Visual C++ Redistributable
Most of modern games require C++ redistributable to run on the Windows PC.
So, if Honkai: Star Rail is freezing, crashing, and showing a black screen while launching, install C++ redistributables.
Follow these steps to install Visual C++ Redistributable:
- Search Visual C++ redistributable in Google. Click on the link of Microsoft.com.
- Download Visual C++ redistributable for 2022. Ensure you are downloading for the correct architecture, like x86 for 32-bit systems and x64 for 64-bit systems.
- Then install the downloaded file. One downloaded, restart your system. Launch the game, and if the issue persists, reinstall the game.
7) Reinstall Honkai Star Rail
If none of the above methods could fix Honkai Star Rail not launching issue, reinstall the game.
The game won’t launch if some installation files are missing or corrupted.
To reinstall the game, follow these steps:
- Open the Run utility and type appwiz.cpl in the Run command box. Press Enter.
- Look for the Honkai Star Rail game and right-click on it.
- Select Uninstall option and follow the onscreen instructions.
- Once uninstalling the game, reinstall it from the Epic Games Launcher. Now launch the game, and you should not get the issue this time.
So, that was all about how to fix Honkai: Star Rail not launching, crashing, freezing & loading, and black screen issue on PC.
For any related issues, ask us in the comments section below, & we shall revert soon.