In World of Warcraft, you can change the appearance of the characters with plenty of customizable options.
There are cool pieces of equipment like helmets, cloaks, shoulders, chest pieces, silver hands, and so on.
WoW also allows you to hide all these equipment if you want. Here we will discuss how to hide helmets in World of Warcraft during the gameplay.
What Are WoW Helmets?
Helmets are called ‘Helms’ in Wow. You will get a wide variety of headgear in the game.
So you can keep experimenting with your character’s appearance and stats.
But sometimes they might appear clumsy and unattractive to your characters, even though they have beneficial stats. So, hiding the helmet is the best compromise possible here.
How To Hide Helm on WoW?
Previously, WoW had a feature to hide the helmets with just a click if you did not want your characters to appear as wearing them.
This way the actual helmet did not show up on the character’s face, but it still kept the effects of the helmet for the character.
But this feature is replaced by a new one called ‘Transmogrification’ that was released with Patch 4.3.0.
Transmogrification or transmog in short, not only allows you to hide helm in WoW but also does much more.
You can remove the helm from your character’s face as well as change the appearance of it by paying a fee with Gold.
With this new feature, you can change the look of all the weapons and armor that your characters wear, including the helmet.
The players can easily replace the look of an in-game item with another similar type of gear.
This way, you can equip your character with one good-looking gear and still enjoy the stats of another not-so-attractive kind of gear.
- To hide helm in WoW from Transmog NPC, open the Menu called ‘Transmogrify’.
From here, you can change the look of the helms.
- You will find an option to hide the helmets altogether. So, whenever you want to hide the helmets, enable the option and click on the Apply button.
When you hide an item you will see an unchecked eyeball icon for it.
How To Transmog The Shoulders In WoW?
To transmog the shoulders separately, visit the transmogrifier in your region or hub.
Go to the bottom left corner and here you will find Transmog each shoulder separately option.
Here you will get another slot on the second shoulder. Just click on the second slot and select the appearance type. Click on the Apply button to save the changes made.
The Process Of Transmogrification
Transmogrification in WoW allows the players to change the appearance of their armor and weapons in exchange for a fee in gold.
- Players need to visit Ethereal Transmogrifiers to use the service.
- After the player speaks to the NPC, the transmogrification interface will open. The item slots are displayed on the left side of the interface.
- On the right-hand side, all the available appearances are displayed.
- The players will have to click on the item slot which they want to change and select the Skin on the new appearance.
- Now from the right-hand side, they will have to select the appearance they want.
- The players can see a preview of the appearance of their characters within the interface. Then they can pay in gold and apply the changes.
But you must remember that you cannot use the transmogrified items to alter the look of another item.
The item with stats can only be changed. You cannot trade, auction, or deposit an item in a guild bank as this will remove the effect of Transmogrification.
So that is how WoW hides helmets. If you have any further queries, ask us in the reply section provided below.