Halo Infinite, the latest addition to Halo games, was fairly well taken among its fanbase, especially with 343i bringing the game to PC.
But the game has had its fair share of issues since its release. Players have often reported bugs and errors, the game not launching or staying stuck on the loading screen.
The game not launching is already covered in this guide by the BottoBotto team, so here I have only focused on the not loading part.
After taking a look into the problem, I have summarized 6 solutions that fixed the game not loading issue for most other players.
Just follow as I have shown here, and you should be able to fix the issue on your PC.
Fixing Halo Infinite Stuck On Loading Screen
The following solutions have worked for other users and should help you solve the problem. I have covered both multiplayer and single-player here.
The network fixes are primarily for the multiplayer loading issue, so those having the loading issue on the campaign can skip them.
Solutions 1: Check The Halo Server
Halo multiplayer has to connect to the Halo server to load the game. If the server is down, then whatever you may try, the game won’t load.
First, check if the servers are live and if they are working correctly, then move to the next solution.
Check Halo’s official social media and see if they have notified any server issues. You can also check the servers on Downdetector.
Simply search for Halo Infinite on Downdetector, and check the server status from the provided info.
Other than that, try asking your friends if they face the same problem on their PC.
Solution 2: Switch Between The Xbox App And Steam
Halo Infinite Multiplayer is free on both the Xbox app and Steam. The loading issue has mostly been reported for the Xbox app version.
If you are also using the Xbox app version, try downloading it from Steam and see if it runs now. Similarly, those playing the game on Steam can switch to the Xbox app.
Sadly, this solution is only plausible for Halo Infinite multiplayer users as the campaign (single-player) is not free, and you would have to buy it separately for Steam and the Xbox app.
Solution 3: Verify the Integrity of Game Files
The game files can become corrupted over time or during an installation or update. The game can get stuck on the loading screen if certain game files go missing or are corrupted.
This can be easily fixed by verifying and repairing the game files from Steam or the Xbox app.
For Steam, here is how you can verify the integrity of game files:
- Open Steam and click on Library.
- Right-click on Halo Infinite and select Properties.
- Click on Local Files and select Verify Integrity of game files.
Now Steam will match the game files on your PC with the files on its server. Wait for Steam to finish verifying the files.
Once it finds any missing or corrupted file, it will automatically replace it from the files in its server.
For the Xbox app, here is how you can repair the game files:
- Open the Xbox app and click on My Library.
- Select Halo Infinite and click on the More options button.
- Click on Manage.
- Select the Files option and click on Verify and Repair.
The Xbox app would do the same thing as Steam and replace any missing or corrupted game files.
Solution 4: Troubleshoot Network Problems
If verifying the game files doesn’t fix the issue, try resetting the network settings. An unstable or slow network can prevent the game from loading for multiplayer players.
First, visit speedtest.net and run the internet speed test. If your internet speed is unusually low, then try the following fixes:
- Turn off your router and unplug it from the power.
- Press the power button and hold it for 10 seconds to drain out any leftover charge.
- Now, leave the router for at least 10 – 15 minutes to let it cool down.
- Plug the router back and turn it on.
- Now, type cmd in the Windows search bar, and Run Command Prompt as administrator.
- Type the following commands one by one and press Enter after finishing each of them.
i) ipconfig /flushdns
ii) ipconfig /release
iii) ipconfig /renew
iv) netsh int ip reset
v) netsh winsock reset
- After running all these commands, restart your PC and run Halo Infinite.
Solution 5: Change DNS Server
If resetting the network settings doesn’t work, try changing the DNS server. Sometimes the DNS server you are using can block game servers.
This generally happens for short periods and tends to be solved by the ISP, but it’s better to change the DNS to confirm the issue and then report to them about it for a faster fix.
Here is how you can change the DNS server:
- Press the Windows + R keys to open Run.
- Type ncpa.cpl and press Enter to open Network Connections.
- Right-click on the network adapter, like right-click on the Ethernet or Wi-Fi (depending on what you are using) and select Properties.
- Select Internet Protocol Version 4 and click on Properties.
- Select Use the following DNS server addresses option if it’s already not selected.
- Enter 184.108.40.206 in the Preferred DNS section and 220.127.116.11 in the Alternate DNS section.
- Click on Apply and OK to save the changes.
If this also doesn’t work, try setting 18.104.22.168 as the Preferred DNS and 22.214.171.124 as the Alternate DNS. Once you have done that, check if Halo Infinite still gets stuck on the loading screen.
Solution 6: Disable Background Processes
Another commonly known cause for the game not loading bug is it conflicting with the background processes. Certain apps can conflict with the game and prevent it from loading.
MSI afterburner and Rivatuner are commonly reported for causing such bugs. If you have them or other similar apps running in the background, try closing them and see if that solves the problem.
Here is how you can do it:
- Right-click on the Taskbar and select Task Manager.
- In the Processes tab, check for any unnecessary processes. Right-click on them and select End task.
Generally, close Chrome, Discord, MSI Afterburner, Rivatuner, and other similar apps if they are running in the background.
So, that’s it. Follow the above solutions and you should be able to solve this issue. Reach out to us in the comment section if you have any queries.