McAfee antivirus is popular among gamers. The software automatically generates messages or pop ups to keep users updated about any security threat to their PC.
These notification pop-ups are quite annoying and many users tend to get frustrated over it.
So, here is a guide on how to get rid of McAfee pop-ups quickly. Have a look!
How To Remove McAfee Pop-Ups?
Follow the steps given below to get rid of McAfee pop-ups.
Also know how to stop Avast pop-ups.
1) Stop McAfee Pop-Ups From The Software Dashboard
To stop McAfee pop-ups from the Dashboard, follow the given steps:
- Open the McAfee dashboard and click on the gear icon or Settings as shown below.
- From the given options, choose the General settings and alerts option.
- From the next window, select both Informal Alerts and Protection Alerts options.
- Check the box for Don’t show an alert when Firewall is off option.
- Click on the Apply button to apply the changes made.
2) Disable McAfee Web Extension
If you have added McAfee WebAdvisor Extension, then temporarily disable that if you want to stop McAfee pop-ups.
To do so, follow the steps given below:
For Google Chrome:
- Open Google Chrome and click on the three dots Menu.
- Select More Tools > Extensions.
- Find McAfee WebAdvisor Extension and click on the Remove button.
For Mozilla Firefox:
- Open Firefox and click on the Hamburger Menu.
- Choose Add-ons and find McAfee WebAdvisor. Click on the Disable option to disable the extension.
3) Disable Active Shield Notification
To disable Active Shield prompts, follow the steps given below:
- Go to McAfee Security Center and click on the Home option below Common Tasks.
- Next, select the Configure option under the Alerts option.
- Next, select Informal Alerts and check the box for Do Not Show Informational Alerts.
- Click on OK to save the changes.
4) Uninstall McAfee Software
If no other step has helped get rid of McAfee pop-ups, uninstall McAfee.
To do that, follow the steps given below:
- Open Windows Settings by pressing Win + I keys.
- Select Apps as shown in the picture below.
- Select McAfee from the list of installed apps and click on the Uninstall option. Follow the on screen prompts to complete the uninstallation process.
- Open Run dialog box by pressing Win + R keys o your keyboard.
- Enter %AppData% in the dialog box and press the Run dialog box and press Enter key.
- Select the McAfee folder and click on the Delete button.
- If you have installed McAfee Software on your Mac, then follow the instructions given below to uninstall it:
- Open Terminal and enter the following commands, and hit the Return key:
sudo/Library/McAfee/cma/scripts/uninstall.ch (for 5.0 or later versions)
sudo/Library/McAfee/sma/scripts/uninstall.ch (for 4.8 or later versions)
Frequently Asked Questions [FAQs]
1. Is McAfee a good antivirus?
McAfee antivirus program claims to detect 100% malware across multiple platforms like Mac, Windows, iOS, and Android devices.
It blocks viruses, trojans, Ransomware, spyware and cryptojackers.
2. Is McAfee still free?
Yes, there is a 30-day trial version for Windows PC users and free versions for Android and iOS users.
3. What is the annual cost of McAfee?
The annual renewal prices for McAfee are divided into three sections.
For the Plus plan, you need to pay – $39.99 per year. For premium, it will cost $34.99 per year, and the Advanced plan costs $89.00 per year.
So, there you have it. Now you know how to stop McAfee pop-ups.
For further queries, ask us in the comments section provided below, and we shall try to help you out.