G-sync enables you to experience maximum performance and the best graphics quality while playing games on your computer. Many users prefer to use the NVIDIA G-sync technology to get smooth frames without any screen-tear in the game.
Although G-sync offers stutter-free gameplay, sometimes G-sync doesn’t work on Windows 10. According to many user reports, they faced G-sync not showing up or completely broke on their Windows 10 device. You must be upset if you are unable to access high-quality performance due to G-sync missing.
What Should I Do When G-sync Not Showing Up?
If you notice setup G-sync not showing up on your computer, it can be due to several reasons. You need to properly set up the G-sync first. If the problem still appears, it is possible that you have an outdated driver installed. This is the most common reason among the users.
There are some effective solutions discussed below. Applying these methods should help you to fix the issue with G-sync.
Solution 1: Check Your G-sync Configuration
To use G-sync on your computer, you need to set up G-sync properly. Here are some steps below to check if the G-sync is properly configured on your Windows 10.
- Reboot your computer.
- While signing in, turn off all other monitors except the G-sync enabled monitor.
- Check whether your monitor is in G-sync mode by turning off and again turning it back on.
- Open the NVIDIA Control Panel by right-clicking on the NVIDIA icon at the bottom right corner of the taskbar and selecting the NVIDIA Control Panel option.
- Check if you have enabled the G-sync option in the Setup G-sync tab under the Display section.
- You should also check that you don’t have any fixed options for G-sync enabled, such as fixed refresh, V-sync, frame rate limit, etc. If you find any option as fixed, disable it or reset it to the default value.
Now check if you can find the G-sync on your computer. The issue with G-sync should be resolved after changing the configuration.
If G-sync is still not working or you don’t have anything wrong with the G-sync configuration, you should jump to the next solution.
Solution 2: Set Up V-Sync
You may try changing the V-sync settings in order to fix the G-sync problem. According to reports, turning on the V-sync really worked for some users. To change the V-sync settings, follow these steps discussed below:
- Locate the NVIDIA icon at the bottom right corner and right-click on it.
- Select the NVIDIA Control Panel option from the menu.
- Go to manage 3D settings option under the 3D settings section.
- Under the Global Settings tab, find the Vertical sync option and make sure to turn it on.
- Click on the Apply button to save the settings.
- Now Restart your PC to apply the changes.
Finally, check if turning on the V-sync option in NVIDIA Control Panel resolves the issue with G-sync. Always Keep in mind that you should turn the V-sync off in your game, but keep it open only in the NVIDIA Control Panel.
If the problem still appears, continue to the next method below.
Solution 3: Install Latest NVIDIA Drivers
Your G-sync might disappear if you have an outdated G-sync driver installed. If the problem still appears, you should check for any pending updates for your NVIDIA driver. Updating to the latest patches is important for NVIDIA to minimize the chances of getting an error on Windows 10.
You can update your driver automatically using the Device Manager option or manually by downloading the latest update installer from the official website. If you choose to update automatically, visit how to update Device Driver automatically using Device Manager to follow the process.
To download the latest version manually, visit the NVIDIA G-sync Official Website, and find the download option. After downloading the installer, install the G-sync update on your computer. You can also click on the GeForce NVIDIA Driver update to check whether your G-sync has available updates to install.
Solution 4: Install Older Driver
If you already have the latest driver installed and still see G-sync not showing up, then you should try to revert your G-sync driver to the older version. Sometimes, updating a driver to the latest version can cause certain issues. The latest driver might be faulty, and it makes your G-sync not working.
According to some user reports, rolling back to the older driver version helped them to remove the issue with G-sync. So, you should definitely check if this solution works for you.
Note: Keep in mind that sometimes, installing older drivers doesn’t support watching videos on a second monitor. If it is necessary for you to use more than one monitor, then you should skip this solution.
Following these steps listed below will help you to roll back your driver easily:
- Press Win + R from your keyboard and the Run window will open.
- Type devmgmt.msc in the text box and press Enter to open the Device Manager.
- Expand the Display adapter section.
- Under this section, you will find the graphics driver you are using. Right-click on it.
- Select the Properties option from the context menu.
- Navigate to the Driver tab on the next window.
- You can see the Roll Back Driver option here. Click on it.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to finish the process successfully.
- Restart your computer to apply the changes.
Now ensure if the G-sync is showing up and working properly. If it doesn’t work, don’t worry, there is another solution for you that might help you to fix the issue.
Solution 5: Try Resetting Windows 10
Resetting Windows 10 fixed the G-sync not showing up for many users. This solution is your last hope as applying this method deletes all files, folder and installed programs from your OS drive. Make sure to back up your important files before you start the restore process.
To perform this solution, you need to follow the steps below:
- Press Win + I key from the keyboard.
- Choose the Update and Security option from the Settings window.
- Select the Recovery section from the left panel.
- Click on the Get started button under Reset this PC.
- Your PC will reboot, and the Advanced Boot options will appear.
- Select the Remove everything option to erase all data from your computer.
- Click on the Next button below and follow the on-screen instructions to start the resetting process.
When the reset process completes, check whether the G-sync not working error is now resolved. With resetting Windows, the issue with G-sync should be removed from your computer.
Now you know why you have G-sync not showing up on your Windows 10. All the possible methods are discussed above how you can solve the G-sync not working easily. Which of these solutions helped you to fix the issue? Let us know by commenting below. If you still notice that the setup G-sync not showing, feel free to ask here.