Valorant has captivated the video gaming community and has become one of the biggest games in recent times.
But, like most games, errors are common in Valorant. Valorant Val error code 51 is one such error that mostly occurs when trying to create a party with other gamers to play together in matches.
Here, we will discuss how to fix the Valorant Val error quickly. So, read through it if you have encountered the Valorant error and know how to fix it.
How Can You Fix Valorant Val Error 51?
Follow the methods given below to fix the Valorant Van error 51.
1) Check Valorant Server Status
When you get Valorant Val error 51, check the Valorant server status.
If you are trying to create a party when the Valorant server status is down or under maintenance, then this can cause Valorant error 51.
So, check the Valorant server status by clicking here.
If there is a server outage, then wait till the server becomes up and functioning again. If there is no server outage, then restart Valorant.
2) Restart Valorant
Before moving on to any further solution, close all the running Valorant processes using the Task Manager and restart Valorant.
This can sometimes fix minor bugs and errors that can cause Valorant error code 51.
- To do that, right-click on the Windows Start button and select Task Manager.
- Go to the Processes tab. Scroll down to find the Riot client process.
- Right-click on the process & select the End task option.
Now open Valorant and check if this could fix the error; otherwise, delete the GPU cache.
3) Delete GPU Cache
After closing all the Valorant processes, delete the GPU cache folder.
Sometimes this cache gets corrupted and triggers error codes when you try to play the game.
To delete the GPU cache folder, follow the steps given below:
- Right-click on the Riot games shortcut on your desktop and select Open folder location.
- Open the UX folder and then the GPU cache folder.
- Right-click on the folder and choose Delete.
- Exit all the windows. Now open Valorant and check if this could fix the error.
If you again get the same error, change the startup type of the VGC service.
4) Change The Startup Type Of VGC
The VGC service of Riot Games is part of its anti-cheat system. If this VGC service fails to start, then you can get the Valorant Van 51 error code.
So, change the startup type of the service following the steps given below:
- Launch the Run command box by pressing Windows + R keys on your keyboard.
- Type services.msc in the Run command box and hit Enter.
- Look for the VGC service. Double-click on the service and set the startup type to Automatic.
- Click on the Start button. Then click on Apply and then on the OK button. Once done, restart your PC.
5) Disable Firewall And Antivirus
Sometimes your Firewall and antivirus program can interfere with the game and create such problems.
So, disable Firewall and your antivirus program for the time being and play Valorant.
To disable Windows Firewall, follow the steps given below:
- Type Windows Firewall in the Search Menu and select Windows Defender Firewall from the options.
- Click on Turn Windows Defender Firewall on or off option.
- Next, click on the radio buttons for both Private and Public settings and Turn off Windows Defender Firewall (not recommended) option.
If you are using any third-party antivirus to protect your system, then make sure to disable that too.
You should enable Windows Firewall or antivirus soon after you finish playing your game, as without them, your system is vulnerable to threats.
6) Run SFC And DISM Scans
Broken or missing system files or Windows images can also be responsible for the Val 51 error while playing Valorant.
To fix the problem, run System File Checker to scan and repair the Windows system files and DISM to fix Windows broken images.
If, after running the SFC and DISM scans, you still get error 51 on Valorant, seek help from the Valorant official support team.
7) Reinstall Riot Vanguard
If there is any problem related to the Vanguard installation files, then you may get Valorant errors.
So, reinstall Vanguard and see if this can fix the error.
- Type Control Panel in the Windows search box and click on the top option.
- Set the View by category to large or small icons.
- Click on Programs and Features.
- Scroll down and locate Riot Vanguard. Right-click on it and click on Uninstall.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to finish the process.
- Vanguard will get automatically installed. Run Valorant, and if you still get the same error, reinstall Valorant.
8) Reinstall Valorant
If there is any problem related to the previous installation file of Valorant, then you can also get the Valorant Van error.
So, reinstall Valorant, and see if this can fix the issue.
Follow the steps given below to reinstall Valorant:
- Open Control Panel and click on Programs and Features.
- Now, scroll down the list of installed programs and find Valorant. Right-click on it and click on the Uninstall button.
- Finish the uninstallation process and reinstall Valorant.
- Submit A Ticket To Riot Games
If none of the above methods could fix the Valorant Van error, submit a ticket to the Riot Games Support team.
Explain your problem and follow the instructions provided by the experts to fix the issue.
Frequently Asked Questions [FAQs]
- Is Valorant van 51 error a ban?
You get Valorant van error code 51 when the in-game party system is not functioning properly.
This means when the gamers get this error code, they cannot join parties or invite other players to join the party.
- How to fix Van error 152?
To fix the Van error 152 restart your Valorant client. First, open the Task Manager, kill all Valorant-related processes, and then restart Valorant.
- Why is my VGC service disabled?
The VGC service can get disabled by Windows Firewall or the antivirus protection you are using.
Let us know which methods could fix the Van error code 51 on Valorant.
For any related queries, ask us in the reply section below, and we shall soon turn up with answers.
Leave a Reply