The FIFA game series is well known for bugs and glitches, and FIFA 23 follows that trend.
One of the major issues of FIFA 23 is not being able to save the settings.
Users have reported that they sometimes cannot save the controller and personal settings. We have already written an article on what to do when your controller is not working on FIFA 23 and similarly we will also tackle this issue.
Here I have mentioned how to fix it, so simply perform as shown and you will be able to solve it.
How To Fix The Settings Not Saving Issue
Go through the troubleshooting steps and resolve your issue.
1) Configure The Controller
The first thing you can do is configure the controller on Steam for FIFA 23.
Follow the steps to do it:
- First, open Steam and click on the Library option.
- If the game is not purchased from Steam, then add the game by clicking on the “Add a Game option”.
- Then, select Add a Non-Steam Game.
- Check FIFA 23 and click on Add Selected Programs. The game should now appear in the Steam library.
- Now, select the Steam option and click on Settings.
- Click on Controller and select the General Controller Settings option.
- If you have your controller connected, then it will appear in the controller detected section.
- Now, check the controller you are using and configure the controller from the detected section.
- Click on the Controller and select “identify”.
- Once the controller is identified, close Steam and run FIFA 23 from Steam.
2) Remove Additional Controllers
The next thing you can do is to make sure that there are no other additional controllers connected to your PC.
Only use one controller at a time and check whether your issue is fixed.
3) Connect Your Controller With A USB
Connect your controller with a USB if you have connected it wirelessly, or connect it with Bluetooth if you have connected it connected with a USB.
See if changing the type of connection solves this issue.
If not, then move on to the next solution.
4) Check The Integrity Of Game Files
The next thing you can do is to check the integrity of game files. This will check for any missing or corrupted game files and re-download them from the servers.
Follow the steps to do it:
- First, open Steam and head to Library.
- Then, right-click on FIFA 23 and select Properties.
- Now, click on the Local Files tab and select the “Verify Integrity of Game Files” option.
- Finally, wait for Steam to finish verifying.
- Once it is done, start playing the game.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- How Do I Stop My Controller From Turning Off Randomly?
This is how you can stop your Controller from turning off randomly:
- Check whether your Controller needs new batteries.
- Update the firmware in your Controller.
- Make sure your Controller is near the gaming console.
- If too many devices are connected to your gaming console.
- Why Is My Controller Not Updating?
If your Controller isn’t updating, then try a different USB cable and make sure it is firmly connected to the console’s USB port and the controller’s micro-USB or USB-C port.
So that’s it. If this article helps you solve the issue, then do tell us in the comment section. If you have any queries, ask us and we will try to help you.