FIFA 23 is the latest installation of the FIFA game franchise from EA and it’s quite demanding on the system.
Players have widely reported about the game lagging and stuttering on their PCs.
Low fps is a common problem most gamers with average to low-end PCs face, but the reports for FIFA 23 are also coming from users with PC more than capable of running the game smoothly.
Here we have shown 10 methods that will fix or at least decrease the lag and stuttering on your PC.
How To Fix FIFA 23 Low FPS And Stuttering
If you want to experience a smooth and lag-free game, perform the following methods one by one.
1) Update The Game
It is advisable to update the game to the latest version in order to fix the issue.
This is how you can do it:
- First, you need to open Steam.
- Next, right-click on FIFA 23 from the list of games and then click on Properties.
- Click on Updates in the Property window.
- Finally, select “always keep this game updated” from the drop-down arrow.
The above steps will always help keep your game updated with the latest available patches.
2) Verify The Game Files
You can face lagging and shuttering issues due to corrupt game files.
Verify the game files and see if it fixes the problem.
Here is how you can do it on Steam:
- Open Steam and select Library.
- Search for FIFA 23 and right-click on the game.
- Next, click on the Properties button.
- Select Local Files in the new window.
- Finally, click on Verify Integrity of Game files and wait until the process gets over.
After you have finished performing the above-mentioned steps launch the game and see if the issue gets resolved.
3) Run The Game As An Administrator
Lagging is also common if the game doesn’t have all the permissions it needs to run smoothly.
Running it as an administrator can fix that problem. Follow these steps to run the game as an administrator:
- Open Steam Library and right-click on FIFA 23.
- Click on Manage and select Browse Local Files. This will open the installation folder of the game.
- Right-click on the FIFA 23 exe file and select Properties.
- Click on the Compatibility tab.
- Check the Run this program as an administrator box.
- Finally, click on Apply and OK to save changes.
4) Close The Background Tasks
At times the background programs or tasks occupy a higher amount of CPU resources, which forces the PC to run the game with fewer resources, leading to shutters, lags, and low fps.
Close any unnecessary background processes and here is how you can do it:
- First, open Task Manager and click on the Processes tab.
- Next, right-click on the task which is running unnecessarily in the background.
- Finally, click on “End Task” to close those and repeat the same steps for all the unnecessary tasks one after the other.
Make sure to close apps like Chrome, Discord, and media players as they tend to take a lot of resources. Restart your PC.
5) Set The Game To Run In High Performance
If you are using a dedicated GPU, then make sure that the game is running on it, not the integrated GPU.
Here is how you can do it:
- Click on the Start menu and type Graphics Settings. Select the top option.
- Next, select the Desktop app and click on Browse.
- Navigate to the game’s installation folder. You will find the address by following method 3.
- Select the Game exe file and add it.
- Once, the game is added, click on Options and select High Performance.
- Finally, click on Save and then launch the game again and check whether the issue is resolved.
6) Tweak Nvidia Control Panel Settings
Nvidia Graphics card users can change the following settings and get a boost in performance.
Here is how you can do it:
- First, right-click on the desktop and select Nvidia Control Panel.
- Now, from the left side select Manage 3D settings.
- Click on the Global Settings tab.
- In the settings section, Scroll down and look for Shader cache Size.
- After you have found it, click on it and set it to unlimited.
- Now, click on Apply to save the changes.
- Select the Manage 3D settings once more and click on the Program settings tab.
- In the Find program, you must find the FIFA 23 exe file.
- If you can’t find it, then click on Browse and go to the FIFA 23 installation folder and add the exe file from there.
- Open the next drop-down menu after you have added the game and select High-performance Nvidia processor.
- Look for Open GL rendering GPU and set it to your graphics card.
- Next, look for the Power Management mode and set it to maximum performance.
- Finally, find Vsync and set it as adaptive.
7) Set High Performance
The next thing you can do is set the power settings to high performance.
This will help the PC in performance optimization over power saving.
Follow the steps mentioned below:
- Type Control Panel on the search bar and select it.
- Then search for Power Options and select it.
- Next, click on create a power plan and choose High performance.
- Check the High-performance plan and save the changes.
- Restart your PC.
8) Enable The Game Mode
At times the dedicated Game Mode feature needs to be turned on so that the games run properly and smoothly without any interruptions.
Make sure the Windows game settings are correctly configured for the optimal FPS.
This is how you can do it:
- Type Game Mode in the Windows search bar and open it.
- Turn on the Game Mode toggle.
- Then go back and click on the Xbox Game Bar tab and turn the Xbox Game Bar off.
- Finally, click on the Captures tab and disable both the Record in the background and Record audio toggles.
- After you have performed all the steps check whether your issue is resolved.
9) Update Your Graphics Drivers
The next thing you can do is make sure your graphics drivers are up to date.
Follow the steps to up-to-date your graphic driver:
- Press the Windows + R keys to open the Run command.
- Next, Type devmgmt.msc and press Enter.
- Now, expand Display adapters and right-click on the Graphics driver.
- Select Update Driver.
- Now, select the Search automatically for drivers option.
- After you have installed the drivers, you will have to restart your PC.
Note: You can also use GeForce Experience or Radeon software, depending on your Graphics card, to update the graphics drivers.
10) Update Windows
Updating Windows can help you resolve this issue and this is how you can do it:
- Search for Check for Updates in Windows Search and select the top option.
- Next, click on Check for updates, and download and install the updates.
- The moment you are done with installing the updates restart your computer and launch the game.
So, that’s it. If you still have any underlying doubts or queries then reach out to us in the comment section below.
Leave a Reply