The Google Play Store is the biggest mobile app store globally, but, despite offering nearly 3 million apps and games, it doesn’t give all users what they want.
Google has some pretty strict policies in place for submitting apps to the store, and lots of apps don’t get past them. Luckily, we can still access those apps by using alternative app stores. One of the very best for Android users is called ACMarket.
While users once needed to root their devices to use third-party apps, they no longer need to as ACMarket works with or without rooting. Offering thousands of modified apps, games, and much more, ACMarket is also completely free to use.
- 1 How to Download ACMarket?
- 1.1 How to Use ACMarket?
- 1.2 ACMarket Features?
- 1.3 Frequently Asked Questions:
- 1.4 Which Platforms is ACMarket Supported on?
- 1.5 Do I have To Root My Android Device?
- 1.6 Is My Device Warranty Safe?
- 1.7 ACMarket Has Stopped Working
- 1.8 Method 1: Reset App Preferences
- 1.9 Method 2: Clear Package Installer Cache and Data
- 1.10 Method 3: Enable Unknown Sources
- 1.11 Alternative to ACMarket
How to Download ACMarket?
ACMarket is easy to download. However, because you won’t get it from the official store, you need to install the APK file straight to your Android device. Make sure you follow these steps exactly as written and be aware that it may take a couple of attempts to install it on your device:
- Open your device browser, go to the ACMarket website, and download the .apk file.
- Before you do anything else, open Android Settings.
- Tap on Security (or Privacy, depending on your firmware version) and enable the Unknown Sources option – if you do not do this, you cannot run ACMarket on your device
- Now go to your downloads sections and double-tap on the file you downloaded
- Follow any on-screen directions to install ACMarket.
- Wait – when the ACMarket icon is on your home page, you can use the app store.
If the icon does not appear, please try again, following the steps carefully.
How to Use ACMarket?
Using ACMarket is as simple as using the official app store:
- Tap the ACMarket icon on your screen to open the store
- Tap the Apps option
- Choose one of the categories(see below for details)
- Please find what you want to download and tap on it.
- Follow the on-screen directions to install your chosen app or game.
ACMarket offers al users tons of cool and useful features:
- Completely free
- Easy to use
- No rooting required
- It can also be used on Mac and Windows
- Offers thousands of apps, games, and more
- Safe and legal to use
Because there is so much content, the developers provided four categories for you to choose from:
- Android Apps – plenty of official apps, games, and other content Unknown Sources option
- ACMarket Apps – exclusive apps not found in official sources – emulators, streaming apps, and more
- Tweaked Apps – popular stock apps have given new features
- Modified Games – popular games, unlocked and with new features .
Frequently Asked Questions:
We get lots of questions about ACMarket, and these are the most common ones:
Which Platforms is ACMarket Supported on?
ACMarket is, officially, an Android app only, but you can get it on your iOS device with a workaround. If you use an Android emulator, you can also install it on your Mac or Windows PC.
Do I have To Root My Android Device?
No, but it’s worth bearing in mind that you get access to many more benefits if you do. All the apps on your device will be given the newly available features automatically, and you may find that, if you try to use unofficial content over the internet without rooting, it could be blocked by Google.
Is My Device Warranty Safe?
Yes. ACMarket is safe to use, and it is legal too. The only time you may run into trouble is with some of the mods, but you can delete these and install them again later if the need arises.
ACMarket Has Stopped Working
ACMarket is one of the most reliable third-party installers, but there may be times when it stops working. There are three ways to fix it:
Method 1: Reset App Preferences
- Launch Settings>Apps (App Manager)
- Tap on All Apps>Reset App Preferences
- Tap Reset Now
- Close Settings, ACMarket should work.
If it doesn’t, try:
Method 2: Clear Package Installer Cache and Data
- Launch Settings>Apps (App Manager)
- Tap on System Apps>Package Installer (Storage if using Android Marshmallow 6.0)
- Tap on Clear Data and Clear Cache in turn
- Close settings and try ACMarket again
If ACMarket is still not working, try this:
Method 3: Enable Unknown Sources
- Launch Settings>Security (or Privacy)
- Enable the Unknown Sources option
- Try again – if ACMarket still does not work, delete it.
- Reinstall, ensuring Unknown Sources is kept enabled.
Alternative to ACMarket
If you cannot get on with ACMarket for some reason or another, try another installer called Panda Helper. It has much the same kind of content and is free to use without rooting your device.
Try ACMarket on your device today. It’s free to use, and you don’t have to root your device if you don’t want to.