You can enjoy Disney Plus on multiple devices like smartphones, computers, gaming consoles, etc.
But like all other entertainment platforms, Disney Plus is also not free from bugs and errors.
Sometimes you may encounter error code 142 while streaming content on Disney Plus.
In today’s article, I will provide some feasible solutions to easily fix the issue. Have a look.
If your Disney is not loading, then head over here and learn how to fix it.
Why Do You Get Error Code 142 On Disney Plus?
There can be various reasons why you are getting error code 142 on Disney Plus. Some of the obvious reasons are:
Poor Internet Connection: You will not be able to stream anything on Disney Plus if the internet speed is slow or unstable. That is why the app may show you error code 142.
Server Issues: This is another main cause why you get error code 142 on Disney Plus. The server may be down that is preventing the users to connect to Disney Plus.
App Corruption: This is another likely cause to get error codes on Disney Plus. Sometimes the app may be outdated and the cache may be corrupted.
If you are getting the Disney Plus error 42, then read this article instead.
How To Fix Disney Plus Error Code 142?
Now that you have some idea why you get error code 142 on Disney Plus, let us see how to fix the problem.
1) Check Your Internet Connection
When you get error 142, check your internet connection.
- If you are using a PC, click on the internet icon from the Notification tray and see if you are properly connected to a network.
- In case you are using another device, make sure that the network connection is alright. Restart your router or modem.
- Also, check the internet speed from here. There are many other websites to check the internet speed. So, you can select one as per your choice.
2) Check Disney Plus Server Status
Disney Plus may show error codes if the Disney Plus server is under maintenance, or if there is any server outage or server overload.
So, you can check the Disney Plus Server Status from here.
There are similar websites to check the Disney server status. So, you may choose one.
If there is any problem with the server, wait for some time till the issue is addressed.
3) Sign Out Of the Disney Plus App And Sign In Back
Sign out from the Disney Plus account and then sign in back.
This process can often help when you are getting error code 142 on Disney Plus. To do that follow the given steps:
- Open the Disney Plus app and click on your profile icon.
- Click on Log out option as shown below.
- Wait for a few seconds before clicking on the login option. Enter proper login credentials.
- You may be prompted to enter the activation code sent to your mail ID or phone number.
- Enter it and try to watch your content again on Disney Plus. If you again see the error code, go to the next solution.
4) Update The App
If you are not using the latest version of the Disney Plus app, then you may have error codes while watching Disney Plus.
To check for updates, follow the steps given below:
- Visit Google Play Store or App Store and search for the Disney Plus app.
- If you see any update is available, click on it and wait till the process is finished.
The problem should be fixed after an update. If not, then clear the app cache.
5) Clear Disney Plus App Cache
Sometimes, the app cache gets corrupted and shows error codes while streaming content on Disney Plus.
So, clear the app cache and this can fix the problem.
Here, I have shown the steps using my android smartphone. The steps may vary from device to device:
- Open your Phone Settings and select Apps.
- Find Disney plus and tap on Storage Usage.
- Next, tap on the Clear cache option.
6) Clear Browser Cache
If you are using a web browser to stream Disney Plus, then you should clear the accumulated cache.
Sometimes this cache becomes corrupted and shows errors like this.
Here I am showing the steps using the Chrome browser. Follow the steps to clear the cache:
- Open Chrome and click on the three dots from the top right side.
- Select Settings and scroll down to find the Advanced option. Click on the option.
- Next click on Clear Browsing Data.
- Check the boxes for Browsing History, Cookies, other site data, & Cached images and files. Click on Clear Data as shown below.
Let the process finish and try to stream your content on Disney plus again.
If your Disney Plus begin isn’t working, then read this article.
7) Try Another Browser or Device
If you have any other device, log into Disney Plus using your credentials.
In case you are watching Disney Plus on a web browser, switch to a different browser.
If after changing the device and the browser, the Disney Plus app still shows error code 142, then go to the next step.
8) Disable Proxy Server
When you stream content on Disney Plus make sure to disable the proxy server you are using.
To disable a proxy server, follow the steps given below:
For Windows Users:
- Type Internet Options in the Windows Search Menu and press Enter. This will lead to the Internet Properties window.
- Click on the Connections tab and then select LAN Settings.
- Go to the Proxy Server section, and uncheck the box for Use proxy servers for your LAN option.
- Press OK to apply the changes made.
9) Reinstall Disney Plus App
If after performing all the above methods, Disney Plus still shows error code 142, reinstall the app.
Follow the steps to reinstall the Disney Plus app:
- Tap and hold the Disney Plus app on your smartphone. Select Uninstall.
- Next, visit the Google Play Store or App Store and search for the Disney Plus app. Install the app.
- Log in with your details and this time the problem should be solved.
So, now you know how to fix Disney Plus error 142.
If you have further questions regarding this topic, ask us in the comments section provided below.