Like most of the AAA titles, Jedi Survivor is best enjoyed with controllers. It offers a user-intuitive and more natural way to enjoy this much-anticipated action-adventure game.
But recently, some users have reported that controllers are not working on Star Wars Jedi.
So, what to do? Here are the solutions to fix the Controller when playing the game is not functioning properly.
Why Are The Controllers Not Working In Star Wars Jedi?
The Controllers won’t work properly in Star Wars Jedi due to various reasons like:
- Outdated Drivers
- Incompatible Settings
- Hardware Issues
How To Fix The Controller Not Working Issue In Star Wars Jedi?
Playing Star Wars Jedi with a controller can be a more immersive and enjoyable experience for many gamers.
To fix the controllers not working on Star Wars Jedi, follow the troubleshooting steps:
1) Unplug The External Peripherals
Unplugging the external peripherals helps fix Star Wars Jedi’s controller issues.
This is because if you connect too many external devices to your computer, they can conflict with your Controller’s input.
You need to unplug your mouse, keyboard, and any other input devices before connecting the Controller.
Ensure you are only connecting the Controller while running the game, and it should work without any issues.
Once you have identified the conflicting device, you can disconnect it while playing Star Wars Jedi or try updating its drivers to resolve conflicts with your Controller.
2) Configure The Controller On Steam
Configuring the Controller will help in fixing the controller issues in Star Wars Jedi. It allows you to customize and adjust various controller settings.
By configuring your Controller, you can ensure it works correctly with the game.
In order to configure your Controller in Star Wars Jedi, follow the steps:
- Open Steam and select the Steam option.
- Click on Settings > Controller.
- Next, select the General Controller Settings option.
- If your Controller is connected, it will appear in the Controller Detected section.
- Check the Controller you are using from the options and configure the Controller from the detected section.
- Finally, click on the Controller and select Identify.
- Once the Controller gets identified, close Steam and run the game from Steam.
3) Enable Steam Input For The Game
Enabling Steam input for the game will help in fixing the controller issues in Star Wars Jedi as it allows for better controller compatibility with games.
Also, enabling the Steam Input for the game ensures that your Controller is recognized and works correctly.
To enable the Steam input for the game, here is what you need to do:
- First, open Steam and click on Library.
- Right-click on Star Wars Jedi Survivor and then select Properties.
- Next, click on Controller from the left panel.
- Then, click on the drop-down menu & select Enable Steam Input & then launch the game.
- If enabling it doesn’t work, try disabling Steam input and see if that solves the issue.
4) Run The Game In Big Picture Mode
Big Picture Mode allows users to use their Controller to navigate and play games on their PC.
Running the game in big-picture mode can help in resolving some controller issues by ensuring that the game recognizes and uses the Controller’s input correctly.
This is how you can enable the big-picture mode:
- First, open Steam and click on the Big Picture Mode option.
- After Steam opens in Big Picture mode, click on the game and run it.
5) Disable All HID-Compliant Game Controllers
Disabling HID-compliant game controllers will be helpful if there are conflicts between multiple controllers or if a specific controller is causing issues across different games or applications.
Follow the steps to do it:
- First, right-click on the Windows Start menu & choose Device Manager from the list.
- Then, expand Human Interface Device.
- Now right-click on all the HID-compliant game controller drivers and select Disable Device.
- After you have done that, run the game and see if that solves the issue.
- If it doesn’t, try re-enabling all the HID-compliant game controller drivers.
6) Install The Xbox Accessories App
Installing the Xbox Accessories app will allow you to customize and configure your Xbox controller settings.
It can also provide firmware updates for the Controller that can fix any compatibility issues with your PC.
Follow the steps to install the Xbox accessories app:
- Open Microsoft Store and look for the Xbox Accessories app.
- Once you come across it, install the app and run it.
- Finally, connect your Controller and follow the on-screen instructions.
Tell us if the above article was helpful in resolving the controller issue with the Star Wars Jedi.
If you need any further assistance, write to us in the comment section below, and we shall revert soon with answers.