Your Nintendo Switch lite is the all-time favourite Nintendo console without any doubt. Its utility as a portable console makes it so popular.
Sadly it cannot be docked, which prevents users from connecting it with their TV. Do not worry because there is still something you can do about it.
In today’s article, I am going to show you how to connect Switch Lite to TV with and without Dock.
How To Connect Switch Lite To TV?
To connect Switch lite to TV, you will have to perform a quick workaround.
- First of all, you will have to open the backside cover of the Nintendo Switch Dock.
- After that, you will have to try connecting the USB plug from the top terminal of the dock to the Nintendo Switch AC adapter that has an AC Adapter label.
- Then connect the HDMI cable to the bottom terminal of the dock that has an HDMI out label. Next, connect another end to the HDMI port of your monitor or TV.
- Next, remove both sides Joy-Con Controllers from your console.
- Now you will have to position the console properly. The LCD screen and the front panel on the dock should face a similar direction.
- The LCD screen will shut off as the Console is docked. After selecting the proper HDMI input, turn your TV set on.
Connecting Switch To The TV Set Without Dock
Now when you are thinking about how to connect the switch to tv without the dock, you will require one USB-C converter and one HDMI. Check the steps:
Step 1: Next just connect the USB-C to the Switch and the end of HDMI to the back of the TV set.
Step 2: You will be requiring an adapter as the switch is connected to the dock via a USB C port.
You may easily find one adapter and keep that handy to use the Switch anywhere.
Keep in mind that some of the old USB- C might not work and you may need to choose a fresh one for connecting the switch to the TV.
Also, make sure that there is a power source as you will be requiring one extra plug and some USB to Micro USB or USB to USB cable with that.
The adapter requires power as it is always going to keep the switch charged when in use.
Wirelessly Connecting Nintendo Switch To A TV
Previously I have shown you how to set up a Nintendo switch to a TV. But you cannot wirelessly connect it to a TV!
Practically without a wire, it is not possible to connect the Nintendo Switch to a TV.
You will require a cable for connecting to some other device if you are not using that in the portable mode.
You will be able to prop up the Switch on its own. You may also use the joy-cons as the controllers.
Charging Nintendo Switch Without Using Dock
In case your dock gets broken, or you are not having it, then how to charge your device?
You have the option to charge your Switch with the USB-C cable.
You will have to plug the cable into the wall directly for charging it.
So, you will also be able to charge your device without the dock.
You may also use a power bank for using the Nintendo Switch.
So, nothing to worry about if you do not have the dock or it got broken somehow.
All you need is the USB-C adapter to the HDMI port and then continue to connect the switch lite to the TV. You may use it in the dock mode.
Frequently Asked Questions:
So, I hope by now, you could find out how to connect Switch lite to TV. If you still have any suggestion related to this article, please keep us updated by commenting in the section provided below.
Feel free to shoot us a mail with your ideas or suggestions. We always look forward to hearing back from you.