Tired of always opening your PC to print something on your Canon printer? Did you know that you can connect the printer to your iPhone and print from there?
And its not complicated at all! Here I have shown how to connect a Canon printer to an iPhone in easy steps. So, have a look!
- 1 How To Connect iPhone To Canon Printer And Print?
- 2 How To Cancel The Print Job With Your iPhone?
- 3 What To Do If You Have Problem Printing From Your iPhone?
- 4 Frequently Asked Questions [FAQs]
- 5 Final Words
How To Connect iPhone To Canon Printer And Print?
Follow the methods below to connect your iPhone to the Canon printer and print.
1) Connect iPhone To Canon Printer
Follow the process given below to connect the Canon printer to the iPhone:
- First of all, make sure that the iPhone and your Canon printer are both connected to the same network.
- Attach the Canon printer’s rear panel to one end of the Internet cable.
- Connect the other end of the cable to the internet port of the wireless router.
- After making all these arrangements, open your iPhone Settings. Tap on the Printers option.
- Tap on the drop-down button for Create Printer Station and select Printer.
- From the list of all the available printers, choose the Canon printer.
- Try a Print Test to check if the iPhone and the Canon printer are connected. Choose what to want to print as per your need.
- Then tap on the Save button to finish the process.
2) Print From iPhone Using AirPrint
To print from iPhone with Canon printer, use Airprint. With AirPrint, you can print email, photos, documents, and WebPages from your iPhone, and there is no need to install any additional software.
Here is how you can use AirPrint:
- Ensure your Canon printer is turned on and connected to LAN.
- Open your Apple iPhone and tap on the Operations icon.
- Select Print from the displayed Menu.
- Select the Canon printer from the Select Printer option.
- You can change the printer settings in the Printer options as per your preferences like – the number of copies you want to print, the page range, format, whether you want a double-sided printout, etc.
- Next, tap on the Print option.
- The canon printer will print as per the selected preferences now.
3) Print On Canon Printer Using iPhone Without Airprint
If your Canon printer does not support AirPrint, then you can still print from your iPhone or iPad following the steps given below:
You can print directly from your iPhone even if you do not have an access point.
Turn off the sleep mode of your iPhone if you have it turned on.
Now follow the steps as given but remember that the steps may vary depending upon the model of your iPhone:
- Visit AppStore and download Canon Print Inkjet or SELPHY. You must have an Apple account to download SELPHY.
- Visit AppStore and type Canon Print Inkjet/SELPHY in the search field.
- Search for it, then download and install it.
- After installing SELPHY, open iPhone Settings and turn on Wi-Fi.
- Make sure to remove any USB flash drive or memory card from your device.
- Go to the Setting screen of SELPHY and tap on the Menu button.
- Press the down arrow key and the up arrow key to select WIFI settings.
- Select OK.
- Next, choose Connection Settings using the up arrow and down arrow keys. Select OK.
- Choose Canon printer and select OK. You can change the printer’s name by tapping on the EDIT button.
- Using the up arrow and down arrow keys, select Direct Connection and tap OK.
- The next screen will display the password. You can edit the password by pressing the Edit button.
- Using the iPhone, now connect to the network that is displayed on your printer screen.
- Choose the Network name in your iPhone’s Wi-Fi settings and enter the password in the password field.
- Return to the Home screen and tap on the Canon Print Inkjet SELPHY icon on the iPhone.
- Tap on the items or photos you want to print. Next tap Select.
- Next, tap on the Print option.
- Tap on the Change Settings option to choose your printing preferences.
- Finally, tap on the Print button, as shown in the picture below.
- When the printing process starts, make sure not to disconnect the devices or perform any other job on the printer or iPhone.
How To Cancel The Print Job With Your iPhone?
If you want to cancel the printing job, then follow the steps given below:
- Tap the Home button of your iPhone twice.
- Next select Print Center. This will display the list of the assigned print jobs.
- Tap on the Cancel Printing option, which will cancel the print job.
What To Do If You Have Problem Printing From Your iPhone?
If a document does not print, then follow the steps given below:
- Please turn off the Canon printer and turn it on after a while.
- Make sure that the Canon printer and the Apple phone are both connected to the same network.
- Check that the printer has enough paper and that the ink cartridges are not empty.
- If the Canon printer is still not printing or is offline, read this article and fix the problem.
Frequently Asked Questions [FAQs]
- Why is my Canon printer not connecting to my iPhone?
If your Canon printer is not connecting to iPhone, first make sure that the iPhone is updated to the latest version and the airplane mode is not turned on.
To update the iPhone, open phone settings and then tap on General > Software Update. Tap on the Download bad Install option for any available update.
- How do I connect my Canon printer to my phone wirelessly?
To connect your Canon Printer to your phone wirelessly, open the Canon print app and navigate to Add Printer > Register Printer > Printer Setup > Connect Via Wireless Router.
Next, you will see a prompt to connect your phone to the Canon IL setup network.
- Can I print directly from my iPhone?
You can use AirPrint to print wirelessly to an AirPrint-supported printer. You will find many apps on the App Store that support AirPrint. Make sure to connect the iPhone and the printer to the same network to print.
So, there you have it. I hope the above article could help you learn how to connect a Canon printer to iPhone.
For any further queries, feel free to ask us in the comments section provided below.