Have you shared your Wi-Fi password with too many people and now want to block them? Here I have shown how to block devices from Wi-Fi. So, read this article and learn how to do it.
How To Block Device From Wi-Fi?
Follow the instructions given below to block devices from Wi-Fi.
1. Change Your Wi-Fi Password
The most effective and easy way to block others from using your Wi-Fi is to change the Wi-Fi password.
Also, make sure not to tell others about your password and try to set a unique one every time.
Whenever you feel that unwanted users are using your network, this method will block them out!
2. Block A Particular Device
If you want to block a particular device from using your Wi-Fi network, block the MAC addresses.
MAC (Media Access Control) address is a particular unique address reserved for every network device.
You can find your MAC address on the router’s interface under the Wireless section.
Turn the MAC filter On. You can also Reject or Block the device from the settings for the best results.
Block the access of other unwanted devices by allowing only your devices to access the network.
Follow the user’s manual for the guidelines, as the settings may vary from device to device.
When you add a particular device, that device will not be able to connect to the network, even if your network is visible.
3. Block Device From Router
If you think someone is using your Wi-Fi still after changing your password, then change the SSID and password to further secure your Wi-Fi.
Follow the instructions below to do so:
- Type cmd on the Windows search bar and right-click on Command Prompt.
- Select the Run as administrator option.
- After the elevated Command prompt window opens, type or copy-paste the following command and hit the Enter key.
- The default gateway is the address of your router. Note it down and enter it into your browser’s address bar. Hit the Enter key to enter the admin page.
- Log in to your router.
- Locate the Wireless option.
- Alter the default SSID name in the Wireless Network Name (SSID).
- Choose the Save /Apply to confirm the changes.
Frequently Asked Questions [FAQs]
1. Can You Disconnect Certain Devices From Wi-Fi?
Yes, the most effective procedure to disconnect a particular device from your Wi-Fi is to change your router’s password.
2. How Do I Control Devices Connected To My Wi-Fi?
To control devices connected to your Wi-Fi, log in to the router’s admin page and check the connected devices under the Network option. Select the horizontal three dots alongside the device you want to remove and click on the Remove option.
3. How Do I Block Certain Devices From Using My Wi-Fi At A Certain Time?
Various methods can help you to block certain devices using your Wi-Fi, like – changing the password, using MAC control, and changing the SSID password.
So, there you have it. Now you know how to block unwanted devices using your Wi-Fi.
If you still have questions about this issue, ask us in the comments section below.