Chatbots are becoming more competent and authentic conversation partners in today’s digital world, making online conversations more helpful and specific.
A variety of Chatbots are available in the market with their own set of strengths and weaknesses; each has unique features and capabilities.
So, choosing the best AI Chatbots from the list depends entirely on your needs and preferences. The ten options listed below are currently excellent for users who want to invest in a quality Chatbot for 2023.
What Are Chatbots?
The first Chatbot was developed by Joseph Weizenbaum in 1960.
An AI Chatbot is a computer program known to engage in conversation with humans by providing solutions to their queries. It interprets inputs using machine learning and natural language processing (NLP), recognizes patterns, handles queries, and generates accurate results.
Moreover, it learns from previous conversations and gradually improves its responses. AI Chatbot combines ML and NLU to understand people’s needs and bring the best solution.
Criteria For Choosing The Best AI Chatbots
The best AI Chatbots will help you unleash incredible efficiency, so you must be careful when choosing the right one.
These are the few critical factors that you need to consider before deciding on the same. Those are:
- Analytics and Reporting
- Security and privacy
- Integration capabilities
- Natural language processing (NLP)
- User interface
- Accuracy and responsiveness
- Easy access
- Chat experience
- Extra features
Best AI-Powered Chatbots In 2023
Here are the top 10 AI Chatbots to help you generate more leads, automate workflows, and improve customer service.
Now, let’s closely examine some of the fantastic Chatbots and how they make our lives easier and better.
Best for: Overall Performance
ChatGPT is a natural language processing tool developed by OpenAI as a part of the GPT (Generative Pre-trained Transformer) specifically designed to engage in human-quality conversations with users.
It performs NLP tasks, but developers use ChatGPT to assist with coding and other tasks apart from content generation.
Users here can quickly start their conversation by inputting the prompts at the bottom of the screen. It accepts text commands and helps to format and customize the output.
GPT-4 is much better, impressive, and trained on a much larger dataset. It provides contextual and meaningful conversations on various topics and assists in generating ideas and performing text-based tasks.
- Analytics dashboard
- Extremely flexible
- Multilingual features
- Contextual understanding of extended conversation
- Explains complex concepts
- User friendly
- Assists in completing sentences or paragraphs
- Data encryption
- The free version makes it easy to try
- Best AI generator
- Helpful for coding
- Mobile app
- Data opt-out options
- Free plan limited to GPT-3.5
- Platform language limited to 2021
- Biases and inappropriate information
- Web browsing is currently disabled
- Paid plan of $20 per month
- No citations
- At times, it generates incorrect answers and half-truths.
Best for: Online Searches
Bing Chat Enterprise uses GPT-4 to generate natural language responses to user queries. It has three conversation styles: creative, balanced, and precise.
It is available in 160 regions at no additional cost for licensed users of Microsoft 365 E3, E5, Business Standard, Business Premium, or A3 or A5.
If you don’t have Bing AI as a standalone tool, you can easily purchase it for $5 per month. Bing has an image creator tool where users can be prompted to create images of anything they want.
Bing Chat is an AI-powered co-pilot tool for conducting web searches that is known to expand search capabilities.
- Versatile mix of conversation styles
- Powered by OpenAI’s GPT-4 model
- Customized and creative responses
- Includes cited references
- Functions as a search engine
- The user interface is visually appealing
- Advanced citation capability
- Easy-to-navigate interface
- Built-in AI image generator
- Brings forth up-to-date information from the web
- Free image generator
- Three conversation styles
- Accessible on mobile
- Limited to 30 responses per conversation
- Non-comprehensive answers
- The appearance of ads in few results
- Not suitable for creative tasks
- Shorter chat response
3. Google Bard
Best for: Creative Prompts
Google Bard is an AI-powered LLM chatbot built on the PaLM2 (Pathways Language Model, version 2) AI model. The Google Bard conversation can be easily exported to Google Docs or drafts in Gmail.
Bard generates text and spoken responses in over 40 languages, creating images and codes, answering math problems, and more.
This is relatively new and being actively developed, but Bard has a huge selling point: it is connected to the internet, which helps it find information. It also features a “google it” button that allows one to learn more about a topic and export it to other Google products such as Google Docs and Gmail.
Bard also gives the users the liberty to edit their prompts after they have sent them and offers up to three drafts of each output to pick the best one.
Compared to chat GPT, Bard is way more conversational and less oriented towards text communication.
- Ability to export conversation
- Generates code in at least 20 programming languages
- Powered by Google paLM-2 (instead of GPT)
- It can be used for brainstorming and ideation, unique and original ideas for getting answers to your questions
- Connected to Google’s website index
- Vast knowledge base
- Cites sources of information
- Free to use
- Access to Google
- Good text editing skills
- Pulls up-to-date information from the web
- Clear, concise writing style
- Presents three responses to choose from
- Slower in response, especially when asked complex questions
- Gives inaccurate or incomplete information
- Does not cite sources consistently
- No mobile app
- Can’t help too much with code
4. Jasper Chat
Best for: Content Creation
Jasper Chat allows users to apply AI for content creation and helps brainstorm content ideas, write photo captions, generate ad copy, create blog titles, edit text, and more.
Jasper Chat is similar to ChatGPT in pulling up the knowledge straight from Google to ensure it provides the most accurate information. It also tries to understand the style and generates a less robotic sound like you.
It is a decent chat assistant that helps write tasks and is not the most advanced AI chatbot. This powerful chatbot tool is specifically designed to streamline and enhance conversational experiences for businesses and users. Its advanced features and capabilities enable efficient and engaging interactions.
- Proprietary AI engine sourced from OpenAI and other models
- Comprehensive knowledge of niche and elaborate topics
- Remembers and learns from previous conversations
- Quickly transfer chat outputs into Jasper’s long-form editor
- Built for business use cases like marketing, sales, and business writing
- Multi-channel support for seamless communication
- Customization and branding options
- Task automation for handling repetitive tasks
- Integration capabilities with existing systems and third-party apps
- Analytics and insights on user interactions, behavior, sentiment analysis
- Scalability and reliable performance for handling high conversation volumes
- Enhances customer support, automates tasks, and improves overall customer experience
- Experiences frequent downtime
- Can sometimes be generic and repetitive
- Difficulty in generating creative content
- Slow and unresponsive customer support
Best for: Prompt Ideation
Perplexity AI is an advanced language model specifically designed for natural language processing. It understands and generates text, thereby making it suitable for various applications.
It supports multiple languages, assists in creative writing or customer support tasks, and is essential for exercising critical thinking and verification for necessary tasks.
In Perplexity, users can add a new prompt to continue the search or pick one of the suggested related search terms. After entering the prompt, Perplexity will ask the user a set of qualifying questions based on their intent. The resulting output summarizes all the critical information.
Nevertheless, Perplexity is slowly becoming more and more powerful and is a straightforward search tool. It has access to the internet, provides sources, and is short.
Not only this, it is also known to provide related topic questions that the users can click on to keep the conversation going.
- Continuous improvement through user feedback
- Advanced language model for natural language processing
- Support for multiple languages
- Verification recommended for critical tasks
- Links to sources
- Access to internet
- Simple user interface
- Flexibility for various applications
- Login requires copilot
- Delivers some irrelevant suggestions
- At times inaccurate or unreliable
- Better in handling factual questions than subjective ones
Best for: News Content Creators
Chatsonic is powered by Writesonic’s chatting experience and is meant to produce large-scale content. It connects to the internet to find sources and keep track of each conversation’s information.
Chatsonic includes footnotes with links to the sources to verify the information and is powered by GPT-4, OpenAI’s latest and most advanced model. Google supports this dependable chatbot, knows current news, and can provide answers and stories.
- Voice-to-text and text-to-voice feature
- Sharing your conversations with family, friends, or others
- Image generation by using stable diffusion or OpenAI’s DALL-E
- Prompt library with recipes for generating SEO keywords
- A way to interact with Chatsonic from Twitter and Slack
- Variety of use cases
- Free trial
- Aware of current events
- Voice dictation and image generation
- A simple and intuitive interface makes
- Image generation
- Voice commands
- Subscription costs $13 per month
- Can’t do math
- Convenient free trial for 2500 words
- Issue with generating images
- Limited features
- Factual mistakes
Best for: Medium To Large Business
This AI chatbot is designed on 20+ years of messaging transcripts. It also supports extended messaging sessions, allowing customers to continue conversations over time.
If required, LivePerson can also transfer the conversation to a live customer service representative, ensuring a smooth handoff by providing information the bot gathered during an interaction.
LivePerson is best known for its live chat capabilities, but it helps businesses engage with their customers across channels.
This excellent tool is best for businesses to handle conversations across various platforms. It is known to facilitate a balance of AI and human agents by allowing the chatbot to handle common inquiries while human agents handle more complex issues.
- Create automated conversation flows across different messaging channels
- Point and click builder to quickly and seamlessly create your bot
- Integration with CRM systems
- Omnichannel conversations
- Chatbot builder
- Identify customer intent
- Automate lead qualification
- 24×7 engagement
- AI-powered lead nurturing
- Self-learning AI
- Easy to use and customize
- Supports multiple languages and channels
- Provides an extensive and conversational dataset and generative AI model for better language processing
- Uses NLU
- Annotation tools
- Pricing isn’t transparent
- Requires some technical skills or assistance for complex integration or customization
- It does not support some niche use cases or industries.
Best for: Small Businesses
Botsify is an AI-powered chatbot platform built to help automate sales processes and customer support by balancing workforce needs with AI.
This is an excellent option for smaller businesses. This powerful AI chatbot software helps you to treat your customers better. It is an easy-to-use platform that enables you to build an AI chatbot to help automate sales, enhance customer support, smoothen customer journeys, and boost revenue and conversations.
- Multilingual AI chatbot
- Integration with popular messaging apps and platforms
- Whitelabel platform for agencies to offer chatbot-building services
- Integrates with WooCommerce and other eCommerce platforms
- Supports 100+ languages
- Access to the chatbot development team
- Provides multiple integrations to streamline the workflow
- Omnichannel chatbot platform for enhancing the overall experience
- No built-in chatbot analytics
- A higher learning curve is involved
- Experiences frequent downtime
- Slow and unresponsive customer support
Best for: Multilingual Conversation
Ada is a chatbot platform that streamlines support processes while delivering personalized interactions. This AI technology enables the user to understand complex requests and respond conversationally.
It connects with the operational technology and creates a deep and relevant customer experience.
This is perfect for a business that wants an integrated chat solution. It supports 50+ languages on key channels like Facebook, WhatsApp, and WeChat. It is built on a large language model that allows it to recognize and generate text in a human-like manner.
Drag and drop chat builder requires zero coding and offers smart suggestions for training your chatbot. This chatbot interacts like a human and understands natural language, making customer interaction efficient and pleasant. This technology provides unique features to solve customer problems faster and also suggests ways to train the AI better and generate responses from its existing knowledge.
Ada can also predict customers’ needs and guide them to the best solution. It also recognizes essential details such as names and dates, making conversations more personalized.
This powerful tool for businesses for improving the customer experience. This chatbot helps create a personalized and automated customer experience using one of the best AI software.
- Cross-channel AI chat conversation
- Intuitive chatbot builder
- Multilingual support
- Chatbot analytics
- No code chatbot builder that is easy to deploy on a website
- Uses pre-trained machine learning models to meet business needs
- Connected to business’ crucial data for bringing appropriate solutions
- Easy-to-use platform
- No code AI chatbot builder
- Multilingual in 50+ languages
- Integrates with 28 platforms
- NLP technology for accurate understanding and response
- Real-time analytics dashboard for insights into customer interactions
- Knowledge base available
- Fully customizable
- Efficient and user-friendly back-end interface
- Offers limited customization option
- Lacks various integrations and features
- Poor reporting
- It takes time to create a good chatbot
- Tricky to understand pricing for features
Best for: Scheduling Options
Drift AI is an effective chatbot known to deliver personalized, engaging interactions to drive customer engagement and generate leads.
This platform uses advanced AI technology to understand user queries and respond based on the connected data sources. It excels at filling a CRM with actionable data through automated conversations and a high-growth platform for large-scale businesses. It is a sales AI bot designed to help businesses qualify leads and book meetings. It has more than 50 native integrations, and by using Zaphier, it connects more than 500 third-party tools. This is specifically designed for B2B to understand visitors’ intent and deliver personalized and engaging customer support.
This platform uses advanced technology for understanding queries and providing relevant real-time responses. The best part is that it learns from past interactions or browsing behavior that helps deliver a better customer experience. Provides personalized user experience and real-time engagement for buyers.
- Real-time AI-driven customer interactions via chat
- Scheduled meetings automatically by connecting Google or Microsoft calendars
- Conversational landing pages for selling and interacting
- Supports multiple integrations
- Allows real-time AI for conversations
- Provides meeting scheduling options
- Customizable chat widget
- Analytics and insights to get a clear picture of performance
- Rule-based and AI chatbot for categorizing conversations by context for more meaningful conversations.
- Able to handle context switching if the conversation flow or subject changes.
- Customizable chat widget for mobile and desktop with helpful out-of-the-box integrations
- Each plan comes with a customer success manager
- Drift deal room
- Great customer support
- Meeting scheduling options
- The pricing part isn’t transparent
- Highly expensive compared to other AI chatbots
- Reporting isn’t detailed
- Poor-quality videos sent via the app
- Limited filters to separate chats
Benefits Of AI Chatbots
Implementing the right AI chatbots in your workplace will help you streamline numerous business operations. There are also certain added benefits of AI chatbots, and those are:
- Improved customer experience
- Efficiency and speed
- Minimize errors
- Cost-effective solution
- 24/7 availability
- Data gathering and analysis
- Lead generation and support
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1. Which AI Chatbot Has No Limits?
CrushOn.AI is a standout AI chat platform that comes with no restrictions.
2. What Is The Fastest Growing Chatbot?
ChatGPT is the fastest-growing chatbot, with an unprecedented rise since November 2022.
3. Is AI Chatbot Safe?
AI chatbots are generally safe and legitimate like other apps or websites.
4. Is Alexa A Chatbot?
No, Alexa is a Virtual Assistant that responds to user queries and provides information.
Chatbots are no longer AI tools but have become our constant companions in this digital world and redefine how we engage in technologies.
Integrating AI Chatbot tools into customer communication strategy will help enhance the overall customer experience.