When you update your Avast free antivirus client, you may see an error code saying the UI Failed to load. AV Service is not responding. This error happens because of a faulty Windows Service configuration. Here I will show you how to fix Avast UI Failed to Load issue in 3 easy steps.
How To Fix Avast UI Failed To Load?
The first solution that pop-ups in mind during an app error is reinstalling the software. However, there are other fixes you can try before reinstalling the software to resolve this issue.
FIX 1 (Restart Services)
The Avast UI Failed to Load error usually happens due to a faulty Windows service Configuration. To resolve this issue, you can confirm that the Remote Desktop Service is running and not causing this issue.
To do the same, follow these steps:
- Open the Run dialogue box by pressing Win + R.
- Type services.msc and press Enter to open the list of available services.
3. In the services console, locate Remote Desktop Services.
4. Right-click on it and select Properties.
5. Check if the startup type is set to Automatic. If not, change it to Automatic.
6. Restart the service by stopping it and then pressing Start.
7. Restart your PC.
Now when you open Avast, the error will have been gone and you should be able to use the app conveniently without any issues.
However, if this does not solve your issue and you still see the error, here is another fix you can deploy to resolve this issue.
FIX 2 (Change Login Account)
If the service restart hasn’t solved your issue, you can change the services’ login account to try and fix this issue as well. Next, I will show you how to do so:
- Reopen the Remote Desktop Services as shown above.
- In the Log On tab, you will find that there are two accounts given:
- Local System Account
- This Account.
3. You will see that the second option is selected by default
4. Change that to the Local System Account.
5. Enable the checkbox next to “Allow service to interact with Desktop”
6. Click on Apply and then OK.
7. Restart your PC.
This should solve the Avast UI Failed to Load issue you were having.
If this too fails to open the Avast UI, you need to repair the Avast Application Client installed on your system.
FIX 3 (Repair Avast)
You can try to repair the Avast client software installed on your PC to solve the errors that are causing the UI to crash.
To repair the client software, follow these steps:
- Open Control Panel. Select Programs and features.
(Alternatively, press Win + X to open the WinX menu and look for Apps and features at the top)
2. In the list of installed applications, locate Avast, and click on Uninstall/change.
3. Click on Change.
4. Select Repair.
5. Wait till Avast repairs the client software by making the necessary changes to the data files.
6. Restart your PC and check if the error persists.
- Avast Update
Avast delivered an update with the increasing number of user complaints regarding this same issue. The hotfixes have been pushed as micro-updates, so updating your client software and install any pending Windows updates as well.
Avast is one of the most popular free Antivirus software used worldwide. It has a variety of features, and the cleaning algorithm is very good. Avast can be reliable as free antivirus software for thorough cleaning of potentially harmful files from your system.
Now you know how to solve the Avast UI Failed to Load error using the three fixes above. However, if the error still persists, there may be no other option than to reinstall the software and start from scratch. Do comment below if you successfully solved the error, and tell us which method helped you.